“Terrific Stay”

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, United States
“Terrific Stay”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was traveling through from SC, I was able to get this hotel last minute for a great price. Will for sure stay here again if needed. The room was very clean and the bed was alot more comfortable than expected. The bathroom and towels were well kept. Great Shower pressure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are so glad you selected our hotel at the last minute and that you were pleased with the results of your decision! Your great review means a lot and we are happy to hear that you will stay with us again when visiting Shreveport/Bossier City in the future.

Thank you for taking time to share your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Conroe, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel was nice. could not get adjoining rooms. Could not order drinks or food for pool side. Toilet paper in bathroom ran out no spare rolls in rooms. I would and will stay here again. Side street coming in or out is a hazard needs a sign letting people know it is a street not a drive way from parking lot.

1 Thank Buster H
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I apologize that you were unable to get adjoining rooms over the holiday. We have a limited number of adjoining rooms available and they are especially popular on the weekends. There is no reason you should not have had enough toilet paper. I apologize and will share your comment with our Executive Housekeeper.

Great idea on offering poolside fare and drinks. We discussed it in a meeting yesterday and are looking at the feasibility of adding the service in the future. We appreciate all of your great suggestions on making our hotel even better and are so glad to hear you are coming back!

Thank you for your business!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Loved it! Everyone from maid service to management was extremely cordial and helpful. We had 3 rooms with 9 people. Food and restaurant service was great. Big rooms, comfortable beds, and very clean. We will definitely stay at a Hilton Garden Inn on future travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Glad to hear you will stay with us again in the future! And equally as importantl that our staff made such a favorable impression. We are new so you would expect nice and clean but it is our people that truly make the difference.

We appreciate your business so much and would be honored to serve you anytime your travels bring you back to Shreveport/Bossier City!
Shreveport, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Friendly service. Hospitable staff. HHonors Quality. Very clean as can be expected with Hilton Garden Inns. Easy access from the interstate. I always look for HGI and recommend them. HHonors is a great system and easy to use.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We appreciate your participation in the Hilton HHonors program and greatly appreciated your very kind review. We would be honored to welcome you back anytime you are visiting our area. Thank you for you staying with us!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is sooo clean and nice... its worth it! Easy access to the freeway and great restaurants!
I love the cleanliness of the room and the atmosphere in the lobby area.
Although, the staff that checked me into my room was not friendly. She was not friendly, like she hates to be there! She looks like she was not prepared for her shift and I felt like when I checked in, like I am bothering her :( BUT overall. Everything else were good! I will definitely come back and forgive that blond hair front desk clerk! She might be in a very mood next time :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review despite not a great impression from our front desk agent. The agent mentioned is no longer working at our hotel.

Since we are new, guests expect nice and clean but are pleasantly surprise at how close our location is to attractions and restaurants. We look forward to having you with us again and truly appreciate your business!
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2013

All hotels should emulate this hotel. Everything about staying here was top notch. From parking to walking inside, the hotel was very inviting. The lady behind the desk, Shelia, was very pleasant and extremely courteous. I love the professionalism throughout my entire stay. The rooms were very quiet, very comfortable, and made you want to stay a long time. Located just away the Interstate, it was just blocks away from the Boardwalk, shopping, restaurants, malls, and the Festival Plaza (where we watched the Independence Day fireworks). Though we could see the fireworks from our hotel window as well. I have not had a chance to visit Shreveport long, but if I returned, I would not stay anywhere else. This hotel is excellent and deserves 5 stars across the board. The pool area has a putt-putt golf course, nice high chairs and a grill incase you wanted to cook out, and other relaxing areas like a spa. Or just choose to chill out under an umbrella or a comfortable long lawn chair. Shower invites you to stay forever. Has a mini-fridge and a microwave if needed. Large screen TVs in the dining areas for breakfast and evening reception. Breakfast reminded me of Embassy suites cooked-to-order. But come hungry. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to others. If you are traveling with a bigger group of family, there is a Homewood Suites hotel directly connected to the Hilton Garden Inn, and is just as excellent as the HGI. I love this hotel. We chose to stay here to partake in using the Boardwalk, and to attend the concerts at Festival Plaza right across the bridge.

Room Tip: Any room any day
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wow, Wow, Wow! No, you are the bestest!

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive and complimentary review. I don't know what else to say but a big thank you for taking time to write and especially for choosing to stay with us. Please stop by to introduce yourself during your next visit. I would consider it an honor to thank you in person.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a room booked by my casino host at the Horseshoe. I have never stayed at Hilton before as I am typically exclusive to Marriott. This was a nice, clean hotel with really friendly helpful staff. We arrived late and had no trouble getting checked in. There was shuttle service to the casino but for some reason it stopped at 2am which isn't really that convenient to a gambler. The next morning I got up early to take the shuttle to the casino only to find out that it didn't start back up until 8am, again, not very convenient. I was also surprised to find that they charge for the breakfast here. I am used to Marriott having a complimentary meal in the mornings. Even the locations that do charge will typically comp at least one meal for me. I know these things might seem minor to some people but they are what makes the difference between good and great for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad that Horseshoe selected our hotel to host one of their valued players! Also, we appreciate your kind review, especially since you typically prefer Marriott properties.

Our shuttle service hours are based on the majority of guest needs and I am sorry that we didn't hit the mark with extended hours in this area.

Also, we don't build breakfast in the rate at Hilton Garden Inn so you are not paying for something unless you use it. Some guests may choose to dine onsite and others may eat at a local restaurant or not at all. If that is the case, they only pay if they want to dine with us. The breakast is reasonably price at $10.95, is cooked to order and is all you can eat.

Again, we value our relationship with Horseshoe and are glad that hosted you at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future!