“Too much noise!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Too much noise!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2004

The hotel has no insulation and all night I felt like I was on the side of the road on I-20 listening to the cars and trucks passing by. A train also seemed to come every hour on the hour and the whistle sounded like it was in the room. I didn't sleep very well at all for all of the noise. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a very sound sleeper.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2004

I made reservations through Expedia on 2/21/2004 for the night of 02/21/2004 for two rooms. According to the website, the only way to cancel the reservations was "according to the hotel's policy". The hotels policy was to cancel by 4:00 pm. I made and attempt to cancel the reservations by phone at 3:40 pm and the hotel clerk told me that I would have to cancel them through the company where the reservations were made. I called Expedia at approximately 3:45 pm and was on hold until 3:54 pm. The representative from Expedia retrieved the information at exactly 4:01 pm and told me that she could not cancel the reservations because it was now after 4:00pm in Shreveport. I reminded her of how long I was on hold and the additional time that it took her to get the information. She told me that she would try to call the hotel and cancel. The reply from the clerk at Super 8 was "no". I was then informed that I would be charged for one night's stay anyway.
I went on to Super 8 to stay for the one night and attempted to cancel the second room reservation. The clerd at the front desk told me that I would be charged for both rooms and that she was only doing what she was told to do. Upon arrival to one of the rooms, the smoke detector was hanging from the wall. We called the front desk and she assured us that the "hard-wired" alarm had a battery for back up. I tested it and it didn't work. My wife called her back and told her that if they couldn't get the detector working, we didn't want to stay in the room.
She said that she had called her manager and told him how busy she was and that she would look at it later. We arrived back to the Hotel at about 12:30 am and the detector was re-attached to the wall, however, it still did not work. We called the night personnel and she agreed to remove the charge from my American Express for that room. I went to the front desk and she removed the charge. My wife, Daughter and I moved next door to my sister's room. I was satisfied and was not going to pursue the matter any further until we needed more things. My wife went to the front desk to get more towels and was asked, "How many people are in that room anyway?" The towels were provided. Later my wife had to go for more toilet paper and was asked by the same person, "Wasn't there any in there?" She was given more. The room had toilet paper, but not enough to make it through the night. There was absolutely no soap in the room. These are minor, but the light switch cover to the restroom was busted and we had considerable difficulty opening the door to leave. There was some type of issue with the locks. I guess the second would not have been so minor if we had to leave in a hurry.
Another couple was checked in and spent the night in the room that we had vacated. Also, I asked for a business card at check in twice and she never responded verbally, but did give me her first name.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member