“Disgusting-unsafe-Don't stay here”

Days Inn Bossier City
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed July 18, 2009

My room was had not been cleaned in though I arrived late in the evening. The past occupants trash was all over the room. Finally, housekeeping brought me clean towels and changed the bedding. They claim to be shorthanded, but will all the dust on the furniture and the dirt in the shower, I don't think the rooms get anymore than a bed change. I stayed because they are pet friendly, but if your pets don't have fleas when you check in- they will when you check out. I paid 15oo a night to keep my dog with me, which I don't mind, I thought the extra money went to clean the rooms. Not at this hotel! This floor was so disgusting I wore shoes in the room and made my dog stay in his crate. Most of the other occupants were loud & intoxicated. This was a holiday weekend, but I would expect management to have some control, but not here. My bill was not correct- I was over-charged and still have not had that corrected. Don't be in a hurry to check out at this hotel, there was no one at the front desk. When someone is at the front desk, they act like you are bothering them.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
CarolMakoui, Manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2009

I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated and is taken very serious. I have discussed these concerns with our housekeeping staff, outside exterminator, and front desk staff. They all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. We hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you our better side. Please call me at your convenience so we can talk further.

Reviewed February 17, 2009

Motel is old but that doesn't mean that it should not be clean. The room smelled. The bathtub and toilet had not been cleaned (hair from previous traveler in/on both). Bedside table had something slimy all over it. Heat/air unit had never been wiped down because it was filthy all over. Bathroom sink counter was dirty. Larges cracks around the door which let in cold air and outside noise. Fortunately the heat/air unit drowned out the noise. One plus was that the bed was comfortable and the bed linens appeared to be clean.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2008

After reading the reviews I was sceptical about staying at this hotel, but much to my surprise it was better than expected. The night clerk Rasheda and the day clerk Kim were great. The accomodations were average and comfortable to say the least. We booked three rooms and for the price, they exceeded expectations. The area was quiet with police patroling quite often.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Stayed here 6 nights. Would stay again. Room was clean and in pretty good condition; no odors.

Free wireless Internet service took a few tries to get working. Sometimes I got not IP address assigned, other times I got an IP but couldn't ping my default gateway hence I couldn't connect to the Internet. But I'm a techie and could deal with it. Am using it to write this review. I need the WiFi though and if anything was weak about my stay here, I'd say put more work into getting the WiFi working more solid.

The 1st day the refrigerator wasn't working and there was no clock-radio in the room. The next morning I told the front desk and they were both taken care of by the end of the day. Air conditioner worked great which is a must for Louisiana in the summer.

When I reserved on their web site I requested a room that got morning sun (wanted to avoid the hot afternoon sun!) and that's what they gave me. Had a 2nd floor room; there are 3 floors.

Free breakfast is ok. Cereals, bagels, good danish (some of the best packaged ones I've ever had), muffins, instant oatmeal, waffles, apples & oranges, juice machine, coffee, tea.

Paid $55/night M-Th and $64 Fri-Sat, plus taxes & $1.50 for the in-room safe. When you sign in you can their form says you can decline to pay the $1.50/day charge for the safe but it seems reasonable to me.

I don't know why they say "restaurant" in the motel description. There's none on premises and none right next door or across the street. Down the block and across the street there's a Wendy and a Waffle House. For most dining you'll have to drive a mile or two. There's an Applebees and a Chilis not too far away.

As I've seen at other economy motels in the Wyndham chain (Howard Johnsons, Travelodge) there seem to be quite a few blue collar guests e.g. construction workers. Had no problems with any guests, no one loud, didn't see anyone drinking beers outside their rooms.

Over the weekend they were booked solid, and during the week I overheard a walk-in customer being warned they only had rooms available on the 3rd floor (early summertime in Louisiana so it's hot and I suppose the top floor rooms might not be as comfortable). My point is a lot of people are staying here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 5, 2007

The absolute worse hotel I have ever stayed in. It was so cheap and old looking that we didn't feel safe. The breakfast was terrible, with very few choices. The room had a refrigerator that was not plugged in, but had a very bad smell anyway. The carpet was old and very stained. The ceiling had stains and very poor repair areas. One bed had a piece of plywood between the bed and the frame as a repair that stuck out from the frame. You almost didn't want to touch anything!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
traveljunky1, manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2009

The Days Inn Bossier under went a major rennovation in 2008. All the rooms have new carpet, furniture, granite vaniety, and lighting. The Days Inn Bossier is a Chairman's Award winner for 2008.

Reviewed December 18, 2005

There is nothing special about this facility. You get what you pay for. I would consider this as a one night have too type of place. Rooms are very average. The breakfast is decent. I don't think that I would stay here again.

4  Thank RaginCajun1
Reviewed October 2, 2003

Clean, comfortable and great for people traveling with pets. The rooms are very nice (much more so than many places that allow pets) and the facility has lots of well maintained grassy areas for walking your pet.
Located near all major attractions (Barksdale AFB, numerous casinos, Libbey Glass Factory outlet store, etc.). Many resturants nearby...Waffle House across the street. Continental breakfast.
Friendly staff. Recommend!

12  Thank Mosenthin
JeffRogers, General Manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

I want to apologize to you for your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to present a pleasant experience to all of our guests that check in and stay with us. We failed at this when we had to opportunity to show you our style of customer service, curb appeal and presentation of our breakfast area and available servings. Should your travels bring you to our area again, Please contact me so that I can personally take care of your room at no charge, if you will give us another chance. Sincerely, Jeff Rogers, General Manager 318 742 9200 or jrogers@hospitalityma.com