“Almost a really good food rating”
Review of Gumbo Daddy's Cafe - CLOSED

Gumbo Daddy's Cafe
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Almost a really good food rating”
Reviewed November 6, 2006

While in Boosier City walking the boardwalk by the river, we stopped in a small restaurant on a side street, Gumbo Daddy's Cafe at 365 Boardwalk Blvd. It is kind of cafeteria style where you go in line and order your food and then they bring it out to your table. Our server was Jason and was excellent and bragged on how good the food was. We decided to find out...My wife ordered the "award winning" gumbo soup and I had a Poo Boys Oyster Sandwich. The Gumbo soup was very good. Ten out of a ten! The oysters in my sandwich were fried in fresh clean oil and were delicious BUT, the bun had been toasted and kept falling apart when I tried to bite into it. The side sauce for the sandwich was also excellent. I told Jason the sandwich was great except for being toasted. He said that's how the owner likes them. Well, I think the customer should be asked if they want them plain or toasted. Not everyone likes them toasted even if you are the boss. All in all, good food - and I would insist if I go back, don't toast the bun or you can cancel this order!

1 Thank norme-ormond