“Great service -- over a period of five months, I couldn't be more pleased.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Houston
“Great service -- over a period of five months, I couldn't be more pleased.”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Rodeway Inn & Suites
3033 Hilton Drive
Bossier City, LA 71111

I’ve stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Bossier City, Louisiana, during the last five months, starting in early July. I couldn’t be more pleased with the service I’ve received from the staff -- management, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance. Anytime I’ve needed something, they’ve taken care of it immediately. I’ve stayed in motels and hotels all over the U.S. and have never been treated better than I’ve been treated by the staff here at the Rodeway Inn.

Fred L. Fish, Jr.
Houston, Texas

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time this must take out of your busy day and we are grateful. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to use our fitness center and free guest laundry. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2009

First room they checked my mother and I into wasn't clean, not just a little dirty, it hadn't been cleaned at all from the previous users. Front desk attendant quickly changed our room which ended up being a little better because it was quieter. It was musty and smoky smelling dispite it being a non-smoking room. I wouldn't spend much more time than one night here. Beds were a little too old the room I had and were a bit uncomfortable for me. My mother has a little higher standard than me (I'm not quite as picky) when it comes to motels and she was completely disgusted and got me up before sunrise so we could leave. I have to agree with her, that next time when I'm passing through I'll either pay more for a room elsewhere, or try the Super 8 across the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Harold Daniels, GM
memphis, tn
Reviewed November 21, 2009

i checked into the room and there was a blood stain on the lamp and everything is trashed. i was scared for my safety as there were men leering at me and my friend in the lobby. disgusting. the place smells like mildew too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank elleohelle
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..
HS, South Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Maids stole over $2000.00 in jewelry, money, and payroll check. Front desk management did not have time to speak with me to follow up on investigation! Maid still works there! Sounds like they are working together on this process! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO A DOG!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
JeffRogers, President of Management Company at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
According to the police report on file with the Bossier City Police Department, the maid did not steal from this guest, a contractor that was doing the painting and renovations entered the room and stole the items mentioned, a cannon camera, $ 200.00 in change, an uncashed payroll check and some medicine. The contractor was arrested and put into the Bossier City Jail the 2nd day that the President of the company, Jeff Rogers got involved. That company performing the work was terminated. The guest was handled approperiately after The President of the company got involved and it was also brought to the attention that the safes that are in the rooms should be utilized by all guest.
Flint
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Don't let the online pictures fool you!! This place is literally the most disgusting, decrepit place I have EVER been-I'm not exaggerating. I was first greeted with a nasty, musty dirty sock smell that permeated the building and a lobby that had dirt and gum stuck to its floors. The hallways were also covered in dirt and garbage and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in months! I was using the "Grand Ballroom" for a conference and it was the anything but Grand. It would be better titled as the Decrepit Ballroom. First of all, the carpets had not been vacuumed (maybe not ever) and were covered with garbage, broken balloons, dirt, and Lord knows what else. The wall paper was peeling and covered with dirt and other substances. We asked the maintenance guy and the front desk for a vacuum, and they said they would try to find one. It took him over an hour to locate a vacuum-shouldn't the cleaning crew know where the vacuums are?!! Also, we saw many of the hotel staff (including the cleaning staff) sitting outside the doors smoking cigarettes and talking hours at a time. No wonder the hotel isn't clean-I'm not sure they ever even cleaned it! Moreover, we asked the front desk for things (such as to empty our trash can) on numerous occasions and they would say they would do it, but never would. We ended up changing our own trash cans amongst other things. Thank God we didn't have to stay in the hotel rooms; based on the conference room, lobby, and bathrooms there is no telling how bad those would have been. The worst part is the hotel isn't that much cheaper than the other local places around here. My advice, spend a few extra dollars and stay at a place that isn't a hazard to your health! This place seems more like a crack house than a hotel.

Louisiana
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This hotel will fool you by the appearance of the lobby. The rooms are nasty, dirty and smelly. The management team is horrible. They treat customers like trash. The Choice needs to close this property. The owners, Akaal, Inc. must not do any checking on the management team. When I called the front desk about a problem, the manager, Tina Stanley told me if I did not like it I could go and stay at the Hilton down the street. I expected a different resolution, but I was great advice in the long run because the Hilton was great.

I would not recommend this property to my worse enemy.

Stayed August 2008
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2008

The rooms are big, but very worn out. The front desk staff, wait staff at the restaraunt, and the cleaning staff are all very nice. The management, however, is a nightmare. I stayed there from Monday - Saturday, and for the price, it was fine. My room was across from the End Zone Bar, and it was loud until after 2am. When I asked to change rooms the next morning, the front desk was very helpful, but then the manager called and literally screamed at me, and refused to let me change rooms. She said the hotel was at 100% occupancy - which it obviously was not. I had already spent over $800 there and was planning on staying 3 more weeks - but after the way this manager treated me, I checked out immediatly. When I asked to speak to her boss she said she could not give me this information. Everyone else there was really nice, but this lady is trash and has no business being in the customer service field.

• Liked — Great internet service - very quick
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)