“You probably want to book somewhere else”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Madrid, Spain
“You probably want to book somewhere else”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Once upon a time... This place was a great hotel, I'm sure. This Rodeway is a large, very large, property, with abundant common areas, including a bar, a video arcade, a swimming pool, etc., just like a resort... but old, very old. Is is quite hard to find something new or even at half use. Even corridors are oversized, our room was extra-large, or the parking lot was huge, the whole place is quite worn out and needs an urgent renovation. Uneven, stained and smelly carpet called my attention above the rest. No maintenance can help this place anymore.

And the music? Where did that music come from? It sounded as if the band was performing in our room! It was no neighbor, it came to be the sports bar in the ground floor. Finally, we were moved to a different room.

On the pro side, the staff, always trying to do their best to compensate the state of the place. Good for them! And thank you all for your time and efforts!

Room Tip: Should you decide to stay here and want to sleep before 2 am, ask for a room away from the bar and s...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..
Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have just read the reviews of this establishment and feel the need to leave mine. We have been staying here for the past 7 weeks and looks like we will be here another 3-4 weeks. The staff that works here is GREAT. The Hotel needs updating and they are working on it. As fast as the staff can clean and fix things occupants tear it up and leave messes BIG ones. People smoke in the hallways and drop their ashes and cigerette buts all over the place. The laundry room does not stand a chance because people are SLOBS. What happened to taking pride in where you live and respect of others. It is NOT the staff but the occupants that are the problem. I give this place a strong 2+ for the establishment and a strong A+ for all the staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Laurel S
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review and the positive comments you provided. I will share the review with the team and give them a special thanks as they are doing a wonderful job! We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone.
Earle, Arkansas
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We have family that recently moved to South Louisiana. We all decided to meet in Bossier City for a 5 day vacation. We are from Arkansas.

I have read some of these other reviews, so actually I was afraid to make reservations for my family at this location, but it was fairly priced & was centrally located to the area.
I looked at my room prior to checking in for this reason. But,I have to tell the truth.
I met some of the pipeline workers that stay there. Actually they were very friendly. My family saw some sites of the area,ate some great food. We grilled at the pool,swimming almost every afternoon. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Rooms are large. Ours was clean & staff was all very friendly. Probably friendlier than most of the pricey hotels!

I met the Manager the day before we left. She seemed to know most of her guests. They were very busy. I think the friendliness has alot to do with it.

And yes we will return at Thanksgiving.

1 Thank Familytypeaguy
JoannaFolse, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
We are glad you had a good stay and thank you so much for your taking time to write a comment.
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This is the worst hotel I've ever been in. Most of the people here are homeless and treat it like a slum complex. I couldn't get housekeeping to clean the room even though I was here a week. Their idea of clean towels is they come by in the morning and get your dirty towels and bring them back sometime in the afternoon. (I had to actually go up to the front desk and ask for towels) There were ants all over the room and I made several complaints about that but it didn't do any good. They expect you to bring your garbage out to them and then they hand you garbage bags. You can't enjoy the pool because you have nothing but a bunch of drunks out there swearing at the top of their lungs while they let their kids run around bugging anyone. Basically it's nothing but a bunch of trailer trash homeless people here that show no consideration for anyone but themselves and management won't do anything about it. I guess they get too much from the taxpayers to worry about it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JoannaFolse, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Dear mam, I am sorry you feel this way about our hotel. After coming to your room I did write up the housekeeper for not cleaning your room correctly. In regards to your complaints we are a 237 room hotel and we are sold out almost every night, we offer extended stay rates (which you had 35.00) we only do full housekeeping twice a week with that rate. We are NOT a homeless hotel but we do cater to extended stay business for the Oil and Gas industry. When you brought you issues to our attention we made everything right for you. We also have a pet policy that pets are required to be kenneled, and your dog was not at any time which is a 200.00 pet fine. Housekeeping is instructed if a pet is in the room and not kenneled they do NOT go in the room. I am sorry you fell it was still a bad stay after I tried to make it right.
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have stayed at many motels and have never had such an awful experience. When we checked in and got into our room a hotel staff came by to get their beer out of the rooms fridge. The place smelled of decay. I opened a new role of toilet paper to discover it was MILDEWED in the package. The beds were so broke down that when my husband laid on his side, my side dipped down in the middle without me on it. I took my children out to the pool to play and there was people having drinking parties by the pool, my children were terrified. There were other customers loitering in the hallway and making rude comments to my oldest daughter. This is NOT a place to stay if you are a family trying to have a relaxing time.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Lived in Bossier City all my life and have stayed at this hotel many times
to meet family from out of town.

All staff members are always very nice.The rooms are big and a great price!
It's an older hotel but sill always love to stay...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank alanbrock94
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time this must take out of your busy day and we are grateful. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to use our fitness center and free guest laundry. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The outside of the hotel is nice and very deceiving. The room was not very nice and the bed was very flat and worn. There was a wedding party that was scheduled the night we stayed and the music could be heard till about 2 am. This was not told to us upon check in. Also we were by the pool and apparently there were no closing hrs. People screaming and running around the halls and around the pool till after midnight. Then, I read when the continental breakfast was and it said Sunday 7 am - 10 am. We went down at 8am and was told that it ended at 8. Then they said they didn't even open. I asked about what it said in the pamphlet in the room and they said they changed the hrs and they have new info cards ordered. They credited me 10.00. The shower was broken, my wife wanted to take a bath but couldn't. This hotel is a rip off for what they charge. Not worth 80.00. I have had better service and better rooms at motel 6. Please do not stay here!

Room Tip: Go somwhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple