“Gotta try it at least once” 4 of 5 bubbles

Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos
Ranked #21 of 232 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos is an upscale, fast casual Cali-Mex restaurant & bar. We feature large, high quality portions that are free from MSG & LARD. We prepare our menu daily with the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. All orders are handcrafted- one at a time. Tortillas are made fresh with every order & our meats are lean, marinated, top quality grades. We serve grilled Yellow Fin Tuna in our fish tacos & burritos! Our Margaritas start with 100% fresh fruit puree, hand squeezed lime juice & fine tequila. In fact, we're the only place this side of Austin that offers an authentic Prickly Pear Margarita and a Grilled Tuna Taco! Don Juanz is livin la vida fresca!
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Gotta try it at least once”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The more I eat there, the more I want to eat there. Good, non-greasy, Tex Mex in a great atmosphere. Gotta have it in your life at least occasionally:)

donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you Scott! Happy to hear you gave us a "try" & that you keep coming back. We see a lot of people who come in & are not quite familiar with the healthy preparation of Cali-Mex, but once they've tried it, they're hooked! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Arlington, Texas
“Excellent fish and tuna tacos.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The service was outstanding and helpful. My first time there and if I have the chance to go through there again I'll stop in.
The owner stopped by and was wonderful to talk to.
Mike

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for the kind words Michael. It was a pleasure meeting you!
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“A Taste of Cabo in Bossier City?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Great Fish Tacos. Sammy Haggar would dig this place. And the tacos on Taco Tuesdays (2-4-1, i believe) are a steal. The fresh ingredients are what makes the food so good. Cool little place and the staff seems to be very attentive to your needs. Every time i go the the Shreveport/Bossier area, i try and stop in for a bite. Don (and the staff), keep doin what your doin'!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you Futurebelizean for the stellar review! We're so happy to hear you think of us when you're in town. I'm with you on Sammy Haggar liking Don Juanz. I've been to his place in Cabo & believe we have the same "roots", so to speak. I realize we are slammed on Taco Tuesday, but ecstatic that you loved your tacos & service.
Stavanger, Norway
“Best Fish Tacos in the Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Fish tacos in California are amazing and finding that perfect fish taco was difficult until I found Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos. The restaurant has a casual and comfortable ambiance with a full bar. The margaritas are very good here.

Visited March 2014
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you Kye for such a great review! It truly makes our day to hear you had an exceptional visit with us. Agreed, California does has some great fish tacos & so does Don Juanz. Before opening Don Juanz, I spent several years in the food & beverage business in southern California. I studied "fish tacos", because I knew that's what I wanted to show-case in my restaurant, one day. Well, that day is here & I'm happy to hear I succeeded in bringing that California flavor home to Louisiana!
Reno
“Not what I was looking for but glad I tried it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was in Caddo Parish on business and looking for a location to have a gathering for 25-30 for dinner with cocktails and UrbanSpoon had a high recommendation of it. Altho it did not met my requirements the food was very good, the service could have been better. I am not sure if the server understood English. The dip was the right spiciness and the shrimp tacos very good but expensive 3 for $12.59 or 1 for $5.
I enjoyed my meal but doubt I would return to it on future trips to Caddo.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Raymond L
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Raymond, let me be the first to thank you for the review. It means a lot to us that you took the time to respond- even though we might not have fulfilled all your requirements. I expect excellent customer service from my team & nothing less. With that mentioned, I know they all try to please our guests, however, being that we're a 98% Latino based team- some of our team members struggle with our language, but, they try! The labor pool is limited here. I'd prefer a team member with limited language skills & a strong work ethic -vs- the opposite. Our shrimp tacos are $5 with tax, but, this is not your ordinary shrimp taco! It's Gulf Coast shrimp. Caught in America, not raised in China, so the price is a bit steeper. We feel the quality, taste & buying USA is worth the extra cost. Please keep us in mind for your next meeting. You can call me directly (ask to speak with Don & tell them you want to reserve a large party). They'll get me to you. We regularly host groups of 50 with the Air Force & I know we can assist you better next time!