“Not what I was looking for but glad I tried it”

Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos
Ranked #165 of 241 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos is an upscale, fast casual Cali-Mex restaurant & bar. We feature large, high quality portions that are free from MSG & LARD. We prepare our menu daily with the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. All orders are handcrafted- one at a time. Tortillas are made fresh with every order & our meats are lean, marinated, top quality grades. We serve grilled Yellow Fin Tuna in our fish tacos & burritos! Our Margaritas start with 100% fresh fruit puree, hand squeezed lime juice & fine tequila. In fact, we're the only place this side of Austin that offers an authentic Prickly Pear Margarita and a Grilled Tuna Taco! Don Juanz is livin la vida fresca!
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was in Caddo Parish on business and looking for a location to have a gathering for 25-30 for dinner with cocktails and UrbanSpoon had a high recommendation of it. Altho it did not met my requirements the food was very good, the service could have been better. I am not sure if the server understood English. The dip was the right spiciness and the shrimp tacos very good but expensive 3 for $12.59 or 1 for $5.
I enjoyed my meal but doubt I would return to it on future trips to Caddo.

2  Thank Raymond L
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Raymond, let me be the first to thank you for the review. It means a lot to us that you took the time to respond- even though we might not have fulfilled all your requirements. I expect excellent customer service from my team & nothing less. With that mentioned, I know they all try to please our guests, however, being that we're a 98% Latino based team- some of our team members struggle with our language, but, they try! The labor pool is limited here. I'd prefer a team member with limited language skills & a strong work ethic -vs- the opposite. Our shrimp tacos are $5 with tax, but, this is not your ordinary shrimp taco! It's Gulf Coast shrimp. Caught in America, not raised in China, so the price is a bit steeper. We feel the quality, taste & buying USA is worth the extra cost. Please keep us in mind for your next meeting. You can call me directly (ask to speak with Don & tell them you want to reserve a large party). They'll get me to you. We regularly host groups of 50 with the Air Force & I know we can assist you better next time!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My son suggested Don Juanz because he knows how much we love Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We vacation in Cabo fairly often, and a visit to Don Juanz takes us back there! The food is delicious and freshly prepared, so it is not "cheap". But, the mural made us feel like we were sitting at the Cabo marina! Atmosphere couldn't be better!!!

1  Thank BeachLoverfromLA
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Mission accomplished Beachlover! Thank you so much for the great review. I'm glad to hear we made you feel at home- at the beach! I was going to Cabo back in the 80's when all they had was taco-shacks lined up on the beaches. My love for Baja & its culture began there, but ended up in Bossier City...somehow! We're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

For the uninitiated, Don Juanz is on the west side of Airline Drive, between Splash and Strawn's and almost across from Lowe's. I say that because it is hard to spot in the shopping center.
I normally shun places where one has to order at the counter, because I equate that with slow and surly service at fast food restaurants. Definitely not the case here. Service was fast and friendly. As soon as I ordered, I saw someone fixing my margarita and it and chips and salsa were delivered within a nanosecond of my sitting down. My shrimp tacos (I loved the full leaves of cilantro) were delivered in a timely manner. I was asked twice if I needed anything else. I went at lunch and the place was busy but quiet. I wish there were an option to rate the place 4.9. I'm marking it down only because of my aforementioned dislike of ordering at the counter. I definitely will return when I'm next in Bossier City at lunchtime.

1  Thank Mindengal
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Mindengal, thank you for the eloquently written testament to our food, service & establishment. By all standards, Don Juanz is an upscale, fast-casual restaurant & bar. You do have to order at counter, but as you witnessed, our goal is to provide excellent customer service & I'm ecstatic to here that my staff performed so well.

Because we use only the highest quality ingredients available & they cost more, we believe that by using our fast-casual model enables us to pass the savings on to our customer. If we were full-service with the same high quality ingredients- we'd be more expensive (labor costs are enormous these days).

A little known secret: If you choose to dine & drink @ the bar, the bartender will handle everything for you. We appreciate your business & are very pleased with your review.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Service was very nice and very helpful! Everything was really fast! Big choice of tacos and burritos, salsa is very spicy!

1  Thank Sval101
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. We're here for our guests & providing anything short of "wonderful" is not what we do! It's good to know our guests actually do notice the atmosphere/ambiance. So happy to hear we made such a positive impact with you!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We Love this little place! A lot of people say expensive, but my husband and I eat out A LOT! We feel at this point you get what you pay for and it doesn't matter where you are from. We have been here for lunch and Dinner and get everything we ask for from a restaurant every visit. I have a sensitive system and the fresh food proves to be top of the line with no additives or oils. The green sauce and salsa are the best around along with the entire menu. Thank You For all the past meals and all the one's to come! When we can get away for a good tasty meal in a great environment,
this is where we go for a real treat!

1  Thank RennaBartholomew
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you Renna! I think you hit the nail on the head. We don't profess to be the east expensive Cali-Mex restaurant in town, but we claim to be the freshest & the best around. Delivering a quality product often comes with a higher price. Rest assured, no corners cut here! Additionally, my wife, son & I dined @ a popular Tex-Mex joint in Shreveport last week & had 3 entrees, 1 appetizer & 3 cokes for a total cost of $61.00 with tax. I left a $12.00 tip for a total ticket price of $73.00!! Now, that's expensive, especially for what we got!

BTW, I like your last name. It was my father's first name. You hardly ever see it.