“Great place for dinner and lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Star Steakhouse

Silver Star Steakhouse
Ranked #32 of 219 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Great place for dinner and lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Highly recommend this for either lunch or dinner. For business or pleasure. The garlic toast reminds me of the way my grandmother made. Steaks are very good. The selection of the food has something for everyone. Can't go wrong.

Visited June 2012

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Pricey, 4 stars for area - would be 3.5 anyplace else”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Texas Street Tavern, or Texas Street Steakhouse - two names makes it a little confusing. It's a surprising little place in a K-Mart parking lot. Husband and I eat here occasionally, because there are only a handful of restaurants in Shreveport/Bossier that serve fresh, healthier foods (rather than fried, sauces or gravies, etc.) Nice vibe inside, but we didn't like sitting at a large 6 top, with 4 chairs for 2 people (it looked like all the 4 tops were like this.) The waitress and bartender were very nice and conscientious. The drinks were ample - but, at $12 / glass for a Pinot Noir that only costs (in store) $15/bottle, one would expect that. I was disappointed that all the salad dressings including the Caesar are pre-made although "dressed up" but made with the (cheap) soy oil (vegetable oil). To me, a good salad with fresh lettuce (not iceberg) with homemade olive oil dressing makes the restaurant and they are few an far between in NWLA! I ordered the warm mozzarella with beef tenderloin added. ($13.95 + $9.95 = $24.00 appetizer!) It was really enough for two people with a soup or salad as a light meal. I had it w the asparagus side. Served with fresh (FRESH!) basil, vinaigrette,diced tomatoes, Parmesan topped toast wedges and flavorful (could taste a little Worcestershire) and somewhat tender steak bites. Husband ordered the Rib-eye medium rare. Cooked beautifully! But, it was NOT a rib-eye but instead a tougher strip steak or such. We told the waitress, and she said we weren't the first to say that. So, when the bill came, and the whole dinner was, with tip, over $100 we left a bit nonplussed. It was good but - for our area - the food and drink were overpriced for what it was.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank wendyscot
Tyler, Texas
“Always good, Always fast. Pleasant atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Though a little on the pricey side, the food is always excellent, the service fast and friendly and the atmosphere pleasant. I would certainly recommend as a place for a date or to entertain.

Visited February 2013
Saline, Louisiana, United States
“Valentine's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The best steakhouse for the price and they have excellent service. The atmosphere of the restaurant is excellent. Have never had a bad experience.

Visited February 2013
Louisiana
“Best Steaks in Bossier-Shreveport area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The only place I've ever eaten a better steak is at home.
I could not believe I ate a whole steak, but it was so good, I couldn't stop. There were 4 of us, and no one had leftovers.
The Rib-eye vegetable soup was excellent; the marinated crab claws were large, moist, and buried under an olive mix which was also delicious. I also tasted my daughter's Au Gratin Potatoes, which are made with real cheese and cream; so delicious.
However, I was glad I only ordered asparagus, so i could finish my steak.
The asparagus is grilled, tender, and lightly seasoned.

• Visited January 2013