“In my opinion, best Chinese restaurant in Bossier City”
Review of Lucky Palace

Lucky Palace
Ranked #22 of 232 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Louisiana
“In my opinion, best Chinese restaurant in Bossier City”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This place is understated but very good. Located in a "C" level hotel in Bossier City, right off I-20 Diamond Jacks exit, you could easily miss this place. However, we have eaten here maybe 15 times now, for both dinner and lunch, and this is a great restaurant. The man that own the restaurant is ALWAYS there for dinner and up until closing and frequently for dinner and keeps the place humming. This all American wait staff (I usually gauge the quality of a Chinese restaurant by the percentage of Asians working there, but this is an exception) do a creditable job and know their food and are attentive. This is not a top shelf gourmet Chinese restaurant, but a very good "regular" Chinese restaurant. I have never had anything poorly prepared. Portions are large, and everything is well prepared. The chef/cook obviously knows how to prepare dishes and everything we have ever ordered is very good. My favorite lunch meal is Szechuan shrimp. You get a huge serving of very small bite sized shrimp and rice along with a choice of very good soups, a lobster rangoon pastry, and nicely fried wanton chips. What is most unusual about the preparation here is that the shrimp comes with only shrimp and a spicy sauce, and no other main ingredients. The sauce makes the meal.... it sort of looks like sweet and sour sauce, but it certainly IS NOT. The sauce is worth making the purchase all by itself.
Cannot say enough good thing about this place. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Chonce

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good chinese food”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Like most of the other reviewers have mentioned above, this is a good place to eat at if you like Chinese food. Honestly, I've not tried any other Chinese restaurant here in Shreveport, but this one has met my needs and the vegetable fried rice that I usually order here is pretty awesome. The waiter/waitress that usually takes my order did a fantastic job of ensuring that there was no meat in my dish, since i'm a vegetarian. I am extremely allergic to any kind of meat/seafood and when I mentioned this they ensured that the chef cleaned/washed the wok before preparing my meal. I can very easily tell if my food was prepared in the same wok that was used to prepare a dish that contains meat. Having said that, my dish didn't have the slightest smell of meat/seafood, which is a welcome relief for me. I've been here at least half a dozen times and every single time the food's been fantastic. I'm very particular about how I like my tofu in my dish and these guys have done a good job of keeping me happy by frying my tofu to perfection :)..Anytime I visit Shreveport I make it a point to visit this place and each time I've been mighty pleased. They would do well to hire an interior designer to improve the ambiance but don't let the appearance fool you!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank chandsa
“Best Chinese food in town; strangest atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is without a doubt the best Chinese food in town. They have been ranked in the top 100 Chinese restaurants in the US and have won awards for their wine list as well Yes the outside is sketchy. Yes the interior decor is strange and the Chinese food is delicious. If you want cheap Chinese food, this is not the place for you. If you want authentic flavor and unique items, this is your place ... Just ignore the exterior!

4 Thank Msroberts3rd
Shreveport, Louisiana
“VERY OVER-RATED THE REVIEWS I READ MISLEAD ME”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I read several reviews and though hey let's try some place different tonight, what a mistake. I'm a regular at Imperial Kathy on Youree Dr. and I was very disappointed in this place. I place a to go order and I should have known when the person answered the phone in clear English I was in trouble. I ordered the combo rice and the happy family, cost me $22.01 the food lack any delicious flavor did taste bad but no flavor. I would recommend several other local Chinese restaurants over this place in a heart beat, the fore mentioned Imperial Kathy, Ming Garden, Mayflower on Barksdale just to name a few.

• Visited January 2011
Ruston, Louisiana
“Wanna taste some hot spicy food around - this is the best around !!”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The restaurant is situated on the ground floor of a motel. It looked as an old building from the outside, but never cared for it as me and my friends were specifically suggested about the food in there. Once we got in, it didn't look anything less than excellent from inside. It has large number of tables and also there is a lounge for drinkers at one end.

We had our seats and the waiter was up in no time with our orders. The service was really good and he tried to help us feel as comfortable as we can. We got a couple of dishes extra fried, which he perfectly did to our tastes. I specially liked the jalapeño chicken which is really popular there and had a good meal since a long time.

1 Thank bijju5