“Best Cajun food ever!!!”

Ralph & Kacoo's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 232 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Best Cajun food ever!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I think that some people don't know what good food is. This place has GREAT food!!! I am from South Louisiana, and Ralph and Kacoo's knows how to make Cajun food right. No, its not frozen, no its not mass cooked, its made like my Grandmother used to make in her kitchen. Seafood is fresh and tender. Eating here was like getting a hug from my Grandmother.

Although we had to wait for 30 minutes, it was time well spent. This is not fast food people! It's the real deal. My only complaint is that they dont have live music or an outdoor eating area.

• Visited August 2013

“Something terribly wrong with the catfish”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We tried the fried catfish and shrimp. The shrimp was very good, cooked perfectly. The catfish on the other hand could not be eaten.It was muddy and tasted like it has some sort of chemical in it. Will never go there again.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kaait
Jonesville, Louisiana
“Cajun Food??? No not really”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Worst Experience I have had in years. My Wife got sick at the table while eating a Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon. The Bacon had a rotten smell and taste. The Seafood topping was not much better. She got a mild case of food poisoning. My Salad looked like all the parts of iceberg lettuce you don't want and the Seafood topping had no flavor. It was a thrown together mess. We left immediately after I finally got the bill. Yes, I paid it. I wanted just to get my wife out of there. I called a hour later after getting medicine for my wife and asked for the manager, He could not be found.So I spoke with someone else and told them they had a problem and needed to check the food. Gave my name and cell number and have not received a response or call back.

Dallas, Texas
“Worst meal ever”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ralph and Kacoos in Bossier City, LA visited there 8/3/2013
We had the absolute worst catfish dinner I have ever had. It has been several years since our last visit. We complained to the server and the manager. The catfish was not edible. It had some sort of different seasoning. It was not cooked properly and it absolutely tasted like dirt. I understand that catfish can taste like mud if it is caught out of the lake, river, but these days no one serves that kind of catfish. It is our understanding that all catfish served now is farm raised and does not have that rotten flavor.
The other problem that we had is that we got there at 6:18 we were told it would be about 15 minutes. One hour later I asked if it was possible that we were overlooked and sure enough.........
We finally were seated at 7:00 and did not receive our meal until 8:05 and then to have it be so awful is really unforgiveable.
It is written in several places on the internet (Yahoo and Yelp and a couple of other places about how awful the catfish is not.) We have been eating at this establishment for about 15 to 20 years. But never again.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Very comfortable seating, plenty of good food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

More food than we could have imagined, but very affordable. We ran the gambit on appetizers, sharing meant I had a chance to 'review' almost everyone on the menu - you can't miss on whatever you choose. My meal the blacken mahi mahi with shrimp sauce on top was so well seasoned and cooked - totally fantastic. The Cajun rice side really was spiced right was super tasty. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about all the offerings and had a quick wit also.

Visited July 2013