“Used to be very good, but things have changed for the worse.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #153 of 236 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at the Bossier Outback for years and enjoyed it very much. Not cheap, but reasonable value for the money. Service was pretty good, food ranged from okay to excellent, and we loved the steaks.

But the last several times we've gone have been disappointing. Very slow service the last three times, and tonight it was so bad I had to complain to the lady in front just to get a waiter.

We had the potato soup, a good appetizer, but then ran into problems with our entrees. My wife had ordered a filet & wedge salad, but what she got wasn't the high priced filet mignon. She thinks it came from a New York strip, I think it was sirloin, but it wasn't the filet we paid for. The salad was tasty, but she was very disappointed with the fake "filet". I ordered a ribeye cooked medium, and I got back a tender, well-seasoned ribeye steak -- but without a bit of pink in the middle, it was well done. Tasty, but not at all what I ordered.

I wish I'd just eaten it. When I called over the waiter and he agreed that it certainly wasn't medium, I got another steak in about 15 minutes. This was a much larger piece of beef and perfectly cooked. Sadly, though, it wasn't the tender, well-marbled ribeye that I wanted, but a cheaper cut. Even though it was pink inside, it had so little marbling that it was still pretty chewy.

I didn't bother complaining as we were both anxious to leave, but the substitution of cheaper cuts of beef is not something I ever remember seeing at Outback before. Is it a company policy now to cut costs, or something peculiar to the Bossier restaurant?

My advice would be to try to Shreveport Outback if you feel like going to Outback, not the one in Bossier. Sad, because we live in Bossier, but there it is. With tip, we paid over $71 for two people (no alcohol), and our experience wasn't worth a third of that.

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed February 20, 2012

stringy steaks without question; the best things on the menu are bloomin onion,coconut shrimp and the salads and the salads and bread

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Ahi tuna and coconut shrimp are wonderful! Bread and ranch, yummy!!Queensland chicken and shrimp is sooo goood! Check it out.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Close to the hotel - quick service and good food. Wait staff was very accomodating and cordial.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

This location had very helpful employees very attentive. It's very crowded though. Usually a long wait time epically on weekends so you might want to call ahead