2,798 results
All reviewscrab legsceiling fanred riverbass pro shopget awaylove this placeslot machinestable gamesrooms are greatgreat experiencebuffetfuncasinoboardwalkgamblingpillowsvalet
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I booked two rooms here last week - one for myself and one for my parents. Fun getaway to my hometown of Bossier, right? Only it wasn't. Checking in, one of the rooms was listed as a smoking room (that's still a thing?), and since it was booked through a third party (Chase credit card), I was told by a rude front desk associate and an even ruder front desk manager that the room couldn't be switched to a non-smoking room. I was told the hotel wasn't at capacity and that non-smoking rooms were available, but since it was paid for with points they couldn't do anything about it. OK, so it was Chase's fault, but to not even try and appease a customer over something like this? Whatever. They told me they'd send an ionizer up to my room (which never arrived) to help with the air quality. The room was a bit shabby and already showing wear in such a young hotel. Stains on the bedspread and towels. Beds were fairly comfortable and the shower was big, so they have that going for them. Met up with my folks in the lobby to drown our frustration in a margarita - only to discover that the MARGARITAVILLE RESTAURANT IS CLOSED. The fun, live music setting with good margaritas in big plastic glasses and tasty cheeseburgers? Replaced with a high end steakhouse and an Asian restaurant, both of which seemed pretty empty on Saturday night. Who thought this was a good idea? Stay at Sam's Town if you are looking for a decent Shreveport-Bossier hotel, and go eat at Superior Grill for great food - the margaritas there were always better than Margaritaville's anyway!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2017

These are the rudest valet personnel I have ever dealt with. They are poorly trained and overly sensitive to any complaint lodged against them. We will not return to this or anyother Margaritaville until we are assured that this will not happen again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I traveled to Shreveport for training with one overnight stay. I picked this hotel for its very reasonable price, its location in proximity to Bass Pro Shop and its restaurants/bars within the facility. I was able to pack shopping, dining and evening adult beverages into one convenient location. I could have easily wandered other short distances to many other activities and venues in the area. I do not gamble, but there is also a very nice casino here. Service was great. Food was great and beers were great at Riverview Rest and Brewhaus.

Room Tip: extensive layout, so you may want to ask for something closer to elevators or even lower floors.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2017

This casino is very clean and nice. We stayed overnight. The hotel was clean as well. New casino! Beds were comfortable. TV was so big. Could have used a couple of more towels as two ppl in room. I normally bring my own shower gel shampoo and conditioner BUT used theirs as it was wonderful!!! Smelled so so good. Wished I could haven taken some home. Need to write to see what kind it was.
My only complaint was the buffet at this hotel. Do not waste your money. Same food on Sunday night dinner as Monday lunch only difference was crab legs and $11.00.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank kathymiller919
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We go to Vegas a bunch being from San Diego and Margaritaville was the closes to the Vegas experience of the three we visited . Nice open floor plan and the ventilation kept the smoke down nicely, People were very nice and the drinks kept on coming as long as you were playing.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends