“If Your A Government Employee avoid this hotel.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was one of the better hotels I have stayed in. However if you are a government employee supporting the US military find another hotel that appreciates your service. This hotel ended their Government Employee pricing effective May. Your choices are either take the difference out of your personal pay or find a new hotel. My suggestion find a new hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us a chance to clarify government rate availability. As you mentioned, the government per diem rate is not available at Homewood Suites but is currently offered at the Hilton Garden Inn side of our Hilton complex. We appreciate you taking time to write your review and for your business. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This location is perfectly place for the work i do and is either a staging point for my travels or a break point when returning. The staff is always extremely nice and helpful and it is a joy to be able to stay here

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Location and service are key factors is choosing hotel accommodations. We are glad that ours met both of your needs and that you plan to stay with us again! Thank you for your business and for the great recommendation. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband stays at this hotel or the attached Hilton Garden Inn while working in the Shreveport area. It is located close to the downtown area and to the mall, plus very close to places to eat. We love the newness of both places and we like the pool for our son. There is a nice porch area and BBQ area next to the pool, too. We have ordered drinks from the pool and sat out here with music playing on the speakers. We highly recommend this place. Oh and they have ceiling fans in the room! I would give five stars if there was more than one outlet in the bathroom and if I could get closer to the mirror for makeup or have a magnifying mirror attached to the wall.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

We are glad your family was able to enjoy the terrace, BBQ and pool area. This is a perfect time of year to relax poolside. Also, we appreciate your husband's loyalty to our hotels and repeat business. We would love to have you all stay with us again during your visits to the Bossier City and Shreveport area. Thanks for your business!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband is 87 yrs young and we will never use another hotel. This is like coming HOME. We where able to use our computer and watch Fox News, what else could you want? The dinner was so good and I met a few really nice people. The staff was so helpful. We really hated to leave.

Thank Lynda And Rober... B

We hated for you to leave too! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you will use Homewood Suites again in the future. Thanks very much for staying with us!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed last Friday at this location. It was my first time, and everything was great except at check in. I came across an issue that someone had checked in my room/reservation prior to my arrival. I was surprising my boyfriend so I thought that he beat me to the room. When I got to the room, it was not him. I returned to the desk, and the young lady had no idea what was going on, etc. She later figured out that an unknown guest had checked into my room by mistake. So she proceeded to check me in. The only thing I did not like was that I didn't get an apology or anything for this issue. Other than that, the hotel was great, spacious and clean!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

We appreciate your first-time visit to our hotel. I apologize for the confusion and our mistake at check-in. I am glad the remainder of your stay was great and that you for the hotel spacious and clean. We hope to serve you for a second-time visit soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our room was very nice, clean, and accommodating. The hall staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say was not great but wasn't too bad either was the breakfast but other than that I loved everything about this hotel. I have 2 small dogs and there was convenient areas outside to take them. Great hotel!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

We are happy to hear that your family, including 2 dogs, enjoyed your stay! Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was my wife and I second visit to this hotel. The first experience was just as rewarding. The only issue we faced was that our room was not ready when we arrived. However the personnel was very friendly, helpful and honest. They gave us an upgraded room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thanks for your loyalty. We are so glad to have you back a second time and appreciate your understanding and patience while your suite was cleaned and inspected. Also, thank you for taking time to share your experience. We hope to see you back for a third time soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
#2 of 37 in Shreveport
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
#11 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City? Share your experiences!