New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Bossier City

Ramada Bossier City
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sansom Park, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We booked a room here at the last minute figuring that with the Ramada name it would be a nice hotel.
When we pulled up it looked like a nice place, But the nice ends right there! After checking in we get to our room and the bathroom door was locked with the light on, We contacted the front desk to see if they would come unlock it after 3 hours (when we got back from shopping) we saw that nothing had been done, we called the front desk and the girl told me Oh yeah I forgot all about you! After another 30 minutes maintenance (which was right across the hall from our room) came and unlocked it.
Then we see the bathroom is filthy with lots of hair and dirt caked on the floor. We then discovered the Hot Tub that they brag about was bubbling but cold as ice.
The next morning we go to get the Continental breakfast that is also bragged about only to find "NO FOOD" and a group of band kids (who pushed their way through everyone and knocked my 4 year old down trying to get a piece of sausage) had eaten everything, I went to the front desk area which the whole front area was littered with clothes, bags, coats and such all in the isles and walkways where you couldn't walk without tripping over something and spoke with the two ladies at the front desk about it and they said "Oh well they'll fix more food after while". Well that was the last straw we went ahead and checked out. I asked for a corporate number and the lady gave me the hotel number and after I said I didn't want the hotel number I wanted a corporate number she said "Well it's on the pen".
So I called corporate, made a complaint and was told someone would be in touch within 48 hours.. 48 hours came and went No Call! So I called back and was told by corporate that the hotel has to contact me first and if they didn't contact me within 5 days then corporate would get involved. So I called the General Manager of the hotel 'Jason Mosby', Yeah he was about as friendly and helpful as the rest, he flat out told me that a black band was staying there and they had more rooms so they had the right to do what they wanted! I said and I'm not a paying customer which he replied "Well then don't stay at my hotel again"! Which I'd die and go to hell before I would stay at a Ramada (Especially that one) again!
I again contacted corporate and got the same spiel again when I stopped them and told them I wanted someone above them which they gave me the Presidential Customer Service number 1-800-578-7545 and I spoke with a young lady there who did seem to care but said someone will be in touch with me within 48 hours. As of right now we'll see.
SO AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
JMosby38, General Manager at Ramada Bossier City, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Joe

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns
with our Hotel. I understand how upsetting it can be to be
to receive poor service. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced
during your stay. I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated.

We assure you this kind of service is not the way we conduct
business. Our goal is to provide a level of service that requires
diligent attention to detail and is a matter of constant
reinforcement of our hotel.

Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused
you. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future,
please don't hesitate to call. We look forward to having you as
our guest in the future.

Yours In Hospitality
Jason Mosby
Smackover, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

From the outside you would think it was a decent place to stay. You walk into a very nice check in lobby that is updated with flat screen, nice counters and nice furniture and lighting. Dont let that fool you. This is very misleading. The halls are dark colored from carpet (two tone brown) to the paint on the walls (brown and orange I think) ceiling tiles in places looked like it had previous water damage in areas and the paint was peeling in some places as well. Hotel was very HOT as if the didn't have air conditioning and smelled of smoke. Upon entering the room we were looking at 2 beds that looked like the were for kids, the furniture was very old, dark colors again continuing from the hallway, air conditioning barely worked. As we were here from out of town 2.5 hours away and going to a function at their convention center we didnt have time to look for another place to stay. The water pressure in the bathroom was like they were trying to save on water and there were no face towels at all. Upon getting ready I was further investigating and our room looked like it had mold or something growing around the base boards around the air conditioning unit. We didnt unpack anything, went to the function for about an hour and I reported my displeasure with the party who had requested the out of town travelers stay here since it would be easier on us. She advised me to let the front desk clerk know. I went to the front desk clerk and advised her I was not happy with what I was paying for and all she could say was that she couldnt guarantee that I would get a refund. I really dont have money to throw away but as I explained to the young lady that was the least of my worries but what they are doing is false advertising as the pictures on their website look nothing like what I was staying in and I was very dissatisfied and wanted to proceed to check out. We are very frequent travelers and stay in hotels and know that sometimes you get what you pay for but I have paid the same and gotten a better deal elsewhere. This place is for those who are having one night stands and cheating.

Room Tip: Before paying for your room check it out first.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brandy_Ard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had booked a king room at another hotel and got 2 full beds instead. We booked with travelocity for this room. when we arrived the room was upgraded at no charge and our room was very nice. Front desk staff was very nice and i will definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I hosted my family reunion and was so very disgusted with the service that we received. Some of my family checked out because of the horrible conditions of the rooms. The staff made no attend to try and make this situation better. They found no air in most rooms and mice in others. This hotel needs to be totally renovated. And to make matters worst the banquet room was not in the best conditions either. I would not suggest anyone to stay at this hotel and my family vow never to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank law168
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I hate to leave bad reviews, but I really feel I need to warn other travelers of this hotel. I am sitting in my hotel room as I type this. I stayed here because other players from my nephew's Dixie Youth all star's team were staying here. Otherwise, I would have chosen another hotel. I guess I should have taken the broken automatic door in the hotel lobby's as a sign of things to come, but I was trying to remain optimistic. The first room's air conditioning wasn't working properly so they moved us. The next room had the same problem plus the toilet was running. The third room's air was working, so we moved all our things in. I went to find ice and it took four ice machines before I found one that worked. The decor is very dark (the better to hide all the dirt and stains) and the carpet is threadbare. The outside security door is broken and anyone can come into the hotel. The smell of cigarette smoke permeates the entire hotel. The ceiling plaster in the public areas is falling down in some places. That's just what I have observed in my first hour of check-in!

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. There are much nicer hotels in this town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family