Red Roof Inn & Suites Bossier City
$130
Residence Inn
$129
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2010

This motel has run down considerably since our last visit. It seemed to be overrun with oil field workers. The bed was one of the worst I've tried to sleep in. There was a hump in the middle, but if you tried to sleep on one side or the other, you felt like you were falling off the bed. No support under the edges of the mattress. No mini fridge as advertised and the microwave was missing a leg so it leaned to one side. Room was fairly clean, though the maids don't clean behind the bathroom door. Electrical outlet beside sink didn't work.. No outlet near the desk so there was no good place to set up my laptop. Internet was spotty and extremely slow. Very frustrating to use.

Ok for an overnight stay on the way to somewhere else, I guess, and for Shreveport--which is overpriced and usually filthy--it was better than some places we've stayed. But if you have a choice, skip Shreveport altogether and drive on to Marshall Texas or Monroe LA.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This hotel is a dump!!!!!!!!!!! When we arrived at the hotel they could not find my reservation but provided me with a "suite" for the same price to accomodate me. The room was disgusting!!!! Everything is old and outdated. Their was no microfridge, iron, or blow dryer in the room (as it states on the company's website). We had to request a blow dryer and the management asked us when we would return it b/c they only had two for all the guests at the hotel!!!! Are you serious?!?!?! The only reason we stayed overnight was because all other rooms in the city were booked up. The curtains had what looked like bullet holes, the ceiling looked liked it was caving in, the tub had a off white paste on the bottom of it, and the mattress was filthy!! There was also some type of spilage on the wall. The shower didn't work and the water backed up in the tub. I would NEVER stay at this hotel or a best value inn again! I will also NEVER visit Shreveport/Bossier City again! As soon as the sun came up I was out of there! I didn't expect the four seasons for $70, but i have stayed in much nicer hotels for the same price or cheaper! This place should be torn down!!! I am calling the board of health to report them because this is totally unexceptable! Then to top things off I saw kids (who appeared to be around 16) cleaning up the rooms! Child labor?!?! I will make it my business to ensure that no one has to endure a night's stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank DJ123460864
Reviewed May 24, 2009

My husband and I checked into this motel at 2 pm on Friday but didn't actually try to open the motel room door until 2 am the next morning. They key wouldn't work. We went to the front desk to let them know, and were given another key. It also didn't work. We went back to the front desk and were told that the lock must need a new battery. Rather than replacing the battery or giving us another room with a working lock (which is what I requested), we were let into our room by the front desk clerk who was rather rude and very annoyed that he had to let us in. The clerk that was there when we checked in was very pleasant, and the clerk that was there when we checked out was also very pleasant, it was just this clerk that gave us a problem.

The room wasn't bad, we've stayed in ABVs before and often seek them out because they are usually a good value. The faucet dripped in the sink all night, and when I took a shower the next morning, the stopper wouldn't stay up in the bathtub causing it to fill with water while I showered. There was no clock radio or hair dryer in the room (though I was told by the front desk that there was).

We probably would stay there again, but would definitely check and make sure that our room was okay before we went off to the casinos.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple