“No way I'm going to stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Bossier City

Red Roof Inn & Suites Bossier City
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Ruston, Louisiana
“No way I'm going to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon arriving we were allowed to look at the pool and the room before staying there. Thank goodness they did. The pool was ok but the room was awful. Just opening the door there was a smell so bad I didn't even go in the room. That was enough for me. Plus the rate for two rooms wasn't going to be much less than other places. Also the location of the hotel was weird to me and wasn't very inviting for someone to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vickie60_22

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My bathroom was not cleaned. Lots of hair on the floor. Hair on the bed sheets. Yellow stains on bed sheets and towels. The lamps had a loot of dust on them. Broken old furniture. Stay away! But staff was nice.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Travel4ev
Horseheads
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

In the first 5 seconds on being in the room, I saw the first cockroach. Then there was another. The rooms are extremely dated and not even very clean. They advertise pet friendly, but when you get here, there is a sign that states that they have stopped accepting pets. Since I booked online, they had to allow them, but charged me an extra $15 for a non-refundable pet fee. Had I read the other reviews, I certainly would have not stayed here. And I never will again....

Room Tip: DON"T BOTHER!!! Go to a different hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SkipM61
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night because someone we were traveling with chose it. Never, ever again. We were on the second floor. The room next door had a busted out window covered with plastic and tape. Room hadn't been dusted in who knows how long. Had to move the nightstand to plug in my husband's breathing machine, there was all kinds of stuff behind it, yuck! Plug in by the sink didn't work, toilet didn't flush. The AC worked, in fact, we froze! We had just fallen asleep, it was about 10:30, when someone banged on our door. No one was outside when we looked. Then at 8:30 in the morning our phone rang and no one was there. Do NOT stay here. It is awful!!!

Stayed July 2012
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I found the hotel information online at "www.americasbestvalueinn.com" and then called the hotel directly to confirm availability. I then attempted to make a reservation however I was informed they wouldn't provide the room at the website's advertised rate. "If I wanted the website rate I needed to reserve the room through the website." I felt as though this was poor customer service and believe the staff could have made such an accomodation. The staff should be willing to make an effort to secure a reservation and not risk hanging up and having the client go elsewhere.

The room was horrible for all of the following reasons:
(1)There was much difficutly in opening the door. It was messed up and off it's hinge. It had to be forcefully pushed open or slammed shut. Definitely a safety concern / fire hazard!
(2)Carpet was dirty and had food crumbs on it. I didn't walk barefoot because it was so dirty.
(3)BATHROOM- There was hair in the tub the tub also had a stained brown floor (gross!). We refused to bathe in that. The bathroom floor tile was cracked and split in numerous places. There was also hair on the towels! We didn't use the towels.
(4) Based on the poor quality of cleanliness throughout the room I was ultimately concerned with the bed! We pulled the sheets back and to no surprise we found more strands of hair.
(5)The mini-fridge had a similar problem as the main door. The mini-fridge was directly on the floor and the door rubs against the carpet each time it is opened. The mini-fridge also made a disrupting noise all night. We turned the TV on in an attempt to drown out the whirring fridge.
(6)The desk armoire and armoire shelf each had a thick layer of dust not very pleasant for anyone with allergy/sinus issues.

Aside from this gross room I very much enjoyed my visit to Bossier City however this property is in dire need of someone who will make sure the rooms are at minimum clean! I have stayed at other Americas Best Value Inn and had pleasant experiences but this has to be the worse hotel I've ever visited.

I notified the company of my dissatisfaction and received a 50% discount on the room.

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any quality rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Can't believe I actually stayed there! Worst hotel ever. Lobby old and dirty should have given me an indication not to stay. Old TV, chairs in passways. Curtains in room dirty, easy chair dirty, old carpet (didn't walk around without shoes on), desk chair had paint on it, microwave covered with fingerprints and had a leg missing, patched hole in wall needed to be painted, TV cabinet dirty. Took off bedspread and at least sheets were clean. Bathroom looked fairly clean, but took my shower with flip flops on. Some kind of nasty something on shower curtain after you got in. At least we didn't leave with bedbugs!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank purplell
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

This was the nastiest hotel, I have every been in. This place stinks, there were roaches, nasty bed, floor and bedrooms. This dump needs to be closed down. It stunk so badly I wanted to cry for 68.99 I could have slept in my car.

Room Tip: just don't come here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family