“A surprise in quality”
Review of Boomtown Casino

Boomtown Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted "Best Slots" by the Bossier Press-Tribune, this popular casino resort complex offers more than 1,100 slot machines and 36 table games.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Much nicer casino then I was expecting. Clean. More luxurious then Diamond Jacks and Sam's Town, and taller ceilings. I would say the 3rd nicest, casino in Shreveport/Bossier City.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I really wish these casinos would invest in smoke filters or improve them if they have them. I love blackjack, but had to get up several times from tables because people were basically blowing smoke in my face. I guess that isn't the casinos fault, but it seemed like a lower class of people at this casino compared to Horseshoe (just my opinion). I couldn't get a drink to save my life. Cocktail waitresses were scarce.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We went to this hotel/casino and walked in and found it very dirty and unfriendly. So we spent about 30 minutes and then left.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Spent the night, gambled and ate. Did the buffet, it was seafood night, and it was OK, not going to rave about it. The room was excellent, very nicely decorated however, when we checked in we were told it was a non smoking room and it smelled like smoke when we entered. Maid sprayed though and no other issues.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you can get past the smoke and the cramped feeling of this place, you'll do okay.
The absolute loosest 8 / 5 Jacks or Better video poker over the course of two days and nights that I've ever seen. I couldn't find a 9 / 6 anywhere. The cocktail service was good as long as you tip. A buck a drink (your tip) . . . thats not a bad deal.
The blackjack tables were good. The dealers weren't bad at all. I'm not sure of the logic of having two $25 minimum tables with dealers just standing around and one $5 table that never had an empty seat, but thats not my call.