“fun place”

Harrah's Louisiana Downs
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Super Derby is a world-class track offering both quarter horse and thoroughbred racing.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

No one can advise you how to place bets,,,,,,company policy. But once you figure it out it CAN be fun. The secret to betting lies within others.

1  Thank Sam d D

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The crowds at the race track was weak and this appears to be dead no chance winning big bucks here because there is hardly anybody betting on the race. If this continues the racetrack may have to shut down. I was so excited to go here but this visit ended up being such a downer for me.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is the loudest casino I have ever been in. We went on the Preakness weekend so it may not be representative of a normal weekend. There are a good number of slot machine and no table games. Most of the machines were full and you had to take what you could get. My wife and I spent about an hour there and left because the machines were not paying. About every 7 minutes they have a very loud announcement that someone had just one a jackpot but I did not talk to anyone that was wining that day. Did not watch any of the horse races or bet on them. The parking is horrible. Old crumbly asphalt and had to walk a long ways. We have no intention of ever going back.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

First, let me be clear that I cannot attest to the casino side of the complex - I am not a fan of slot machines. I am a huge fan of horse racing. There was a time when "LAD" was one of the top tracks in mid-America. No more. Harrah's does not invest in the racing side of the facility. Doors and drinking fountains that were broken last year remain broken. There is an entirely underwhelming selection of food. There have been no obvious updates to the facility in several years. The overall goal of the company seems to be mediocrity. They've achieved it! The racing itself is still good. But, of the four tracks in Louisiana, Louisiana Downs has worked it way to the bottom.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a blast watching the horse races. Tried a bit at the casino and had fun. Staff is super helpful and friendly. Just wish they had a non smoking area casino.

1  Thank rainew