“Good experience”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Mansfield, Texas
“Good experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

It has been several years since my husband and I have visited the Boomtown Casino, so on our way home on Saturday afternoon we stopped in to check it out. It was our 16th wedding Anniversary trip and arrived late Thursday night and stayed at the Horseshoe (comped room) and the second night we had reservations at Diamond Jacks, but due to a nightmare check in wound up at Margaritaville. (Also very nice)
As I stated we planned to stay two nights, but once we started playing with decent luck at the slots, I convinced my husband to stay one more night if they had a room. After checking with a host, then front desk, got the "last" room. Room was fine very large, although AC was not as cool as we like it, the ceiling fan over the bed made it comfortable enough. Bed, TV, shower were great, we did not use the jacuzzi tub, but it too was very clean. We ate at the steak restaurant Saturday night, food was excellent, not sure why there was not more people, but perhaps the 4th of July weekend kept most people away. We played black jack and more slots after dinner, very nice table staff very enjoyable. We wrapped up the evening at the Cantina for a night cap as they had a band that night. We had the buffet before we left on Sunday afternoon, good as buffets go, no complaints.
So overall, definitely would return to stay at Boomtown again, great staff, friendly people, nice room and good food.. Not the newest Casino in town, but overall very good stay. Luck seemed to be better here as well, but that really was probably just timing:)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary Ann H
ExcellenceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 7, 2014
We are glad you had a great visit with us and enjoyed 1800 Prime and your room. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are disappointed in this hotel and casino. The staff is the only thing pleasant here! Oh and the jacuzzi tub in our room. The bed is comfy but my pillow was flat as a board and there is only 3 pillows on this king size bed! My back is KILLING me now! I came to relax but I see that isn't going to be possible! The only "free" coffee is in the room. So the coffee we paid for is weak! I will not be booking a room here again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jocelynn B
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to comment on their visits. We read each comment and address the concerns brought to our attention.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel is very nice-and front desk offered an upgrade without our asking. Could see pool from the room, and it looked very appealing. No lazy river, but a good size pool. The hotel and shopping areas were immaculate. Not so much for the casino. You were overwhelmed by the cigarette smell as soon as you start down the hall to casino area. Casino was fun, but wins not as large as Margaritaville. Breakfast buffet was just okay-but there were flies in the restaurant EEW. Due to nice hotel situation and rooms (which were comped-as was breakfast), we will return.

Room Tip: First floor with pool view-request upgrade to jacuzzi room if not offered at front desk.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We hope you enjoy your next visit with us. Thank you for the comments about your stay.
Granger, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I recently stayed at Boomtown for three nights to celebrate my dad's birthday. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly.

The good: The rooms were nice, beds comfortable and the AC worked great.

The Not So Good: We had no hot water one day for a couple of hours and I could hear everything from the adjoining room. Fortunately, it was only a clock radio and women having a conversation. But laying in bed in the morning we could clearly hear every work spoken through the wall spoken in a normal conversational tone. It was odd and woke us up.

The breakfast buffet was not worth it. I've had better food at a free morning buffet at chain hotels. Other than the omelets and fruit, everything was from a box or freezer. Seriously not worth it. Go to Strawn's Eat Shop across the river for a goof breakfast experience.

We also has kids along and had to bring our own portable crib.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jburatti
Thank you for your feedback about the breakfast buffet. We have working on a new exciting items for the buffet and hope you come see them.
Longview, Tx
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very nice hotel staff! The room was very clean and roomy but the hotel could defintely use some updates to the rooms. The lobby is great but the rooms could use some attention. I will definitely stay here again. I have stayed here several times and have never had any issues. The restaurants are very nice and the service is great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NewlyWed70
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We hope you enjoy your future stays with us.
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Let me first say that this experience might be better if I was not here with my two kids. This is a Casino Hotel and not a family destination. The rooms are fairly clean, but my crawling baby still found stuff to try and stick in her mouth. The staff is here to do their job and I have had little interaction with them. I am not use to so much smoking. Our room sort of smells like an ash tray. However, the AC is cold and working. There is no hot water today - just air coming out. Beds are comfortable and no pests are in the room.

I had a sandwich from the bar - it was good. We did self parking and had no problems finding a spot. I think being here in the middle of the week cut down on the crowds. I spent most of my time away from this place trying to entertain my kids.

Room Tip: They have a sign for fitness room and pool - I didn't realize that. Our room had no fridge or mi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jmburatti
ExcellenceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for visiting us.
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

This casino is old and dowdy. The cantina staff is just shy of surly. The boat staff is pleasant when you can find them. The rooms are ok, just a little old. In comparison to the other casinos in town this casino is the worst in all aspects.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank mugndoli
We apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for the feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
#11 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Boomtown Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!