“Boomtown is my kind of town..”

Boomtown Hotel Casino
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, Texas
“Boomtown is my kind of town..”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I don't think casino hotel rooms are meant to be for hanging out, but if you do want to stay in the room then you can relax in the hot tub right in the room and watch tv. The rooms are clean and very nice. I suggest the king bed. The bath room is nice with a glass walk-in shower that even has a seating area inside if you want to sit and steam. There is a nice workout room and pool area with a hot tub as well.The casino is close and they buffet is very good. I go here about once a month and never have to pay for my room because I play in the casino with my rewards card and they give me free rooms two night a month. The only catch is that the free room is only for Monday-Thursday. I only have one issue with my stays. The noise from other guest in the hallways can sometimes be loud. I think they need more sound resistant room doors. Other than that it's a great property.

The statements in my reviews are true and are solely based on my own personal travel experiences and therefore do not reflect the views or opinions of other travelers whom have been here before me.
Mark Bacot

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mark b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was my first stay at Boomtown - Bossier City, and I was pleasantly surprised with all aspects of my stay at this hotel.

Check-in was handled efficiently by a reasonably pleasant front desk person. My room was a superior king non-smoking room and it provided very comfortable and spacious accommodations. The room was tastefully furnished and noticeably larger than a typical standard hotel room, had a large king bed, an in-room jacuzzi tub (complete with a rubber duck), a glass-topped work table, large flat screen TV, large glass topped dresser, glass-topped service unit with small fridge and in-room coffee maker, small standard closet, and bath with shower. Bath amenities were provided. In-room climate control worked well on this chilly winter night.

Everything in the room was in excellent shape, with no noticeable signs of wear and tear anywhere. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom.

Only four minor issues, none of which affected my rating of this property:

- There was only one outlet near the work table, and one of the two receptacles was taken up by the plug for the desk lamp. It would have been nice to have more outlets available - for computer, phone, and such.

- The chair for the work desk was a standard side chair rather than an office desk chair. As such, the height could not be adjusted, and it sat quite low relative to the top of the work surface. It would make sense for this hotel to replace these chairs with ones that can be adjusted, as most other similar properties do.

- There was quite a bit of noise in the corridor in the morning - kids running up and down, people chatting - and the noise carried well into the room. I didn't complain about the noise, but I mention it in case noise is an issue for other potential guests. I did not, however, hear any noise from the adjacent rooms, suggesting that either the other guests were real quiet or the walls have adequate soundproofing.

- WiFi access is charged at $9.95/day. Since many hotels and motels offer this for free, having to pay $9.95/day seems slightly annoying. I carry my own hotspot to avoid such charges when I run into them.

This was my first stay here at Boomtown. I've stayed a couple of times up the road at Diamond Jack's, and between these two properties, Boomtown is the clear choice. Diamond Jack's is a decent property but not exceptional. Boomtown is noticeably better overall.

I will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights from Boxing day with my sister-in-laws family. We had 2 double rooms which were a good size. First time staying here. Good location. Close to all the other casino hotels. Prize for the rooms was OK considering it was the holiday season. Tried the buffet on the first night. Good selection. The desserts were great. Tried the casino which was very good. The only downside was that they allowed smoking which put us off as none of us smoked. We were only tthere for the casinos and had travelled from Texas. We had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: room location doesn't matter as you don't spend much time in them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for two nights in early Dec 2012 and also gambled here as well. The pros of the room was that it was a beautiful room, had modern decor, had a huge tv with all the cable channels, had a nice shower head and bathroom, had nice towels, and it was quiet. The room was clean and modern. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.The cons were that in the standard room there was no fridge, microwave, or blowdryer, and you had to pay a fee to use the internet in the hotel room. I agree with someone who said the lighting was dark. As for the casino, the pros were that they had blackjack for $5 on some tables and they had absolutely free drinks and they kept coming quicker if you tipped. The cons were that there were not enough penny slots with low bets (1x1) and the casino machines were tight, they barely threw you a few pennies here and there and hardly any free spins. I guess they have to make up for their free drinks somehow. Also, the cantina restaurant was not open anymore and at boomers it was all mainly fried foods or salads, they didn't have any grilled options. The buffet was too much food for too high of a price. We wanted a light dinner so we could fill up on drinks, lol. Overall, it was a enjoyable experience and the best part was the beautiful hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

My h husband and I stayed at the boomtown hotel twice and we love the rooms...it was very spacious...the beds were really comfortable and sheets were really clean....I would definitely go back again in the near future

• Stayed October 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at Boomtown Casino for the 2nd time. The staff is great and very accomodating. The whole place needs a facelift including the casino. The biggest problem however is that the walls are paper thin. You can everything especially bathroom noises from adjacent rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarookaTexas
Mt. Pleasant, TX
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed at Boomtown last week. The room was nasty. In the shower the caulking inside bottom of stall was BLACK, very dirty and nasty. We got the whirlpool room and found hairs in the tub. I was very glad to get out of there

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marsha H
BoomtownHotelManager, Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our guests feedback is extremely important to us! Although no one likes to hear of a guest experience such as yours I appreciate the opportunity it presents to do a better job moving forward. Our Housekeeping and Facilities team will be working very dilligently to ensure that all of our guests have clean and comfortable accomodations. I do hope that you will visit our property again and give us the opportunity to create a wonderful Boomtown experience for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
Hilton Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#2 of 37 in Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport

Been to Boomtown Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!