This was my first stay at Boomtown - Bossier City, and I was pleasantly surprised with all aspects of my stay at this hotel.
Check-in was handled efficiently by a reasonably pleasant front desk person. My room was a superior king non-smoking room and it provided very comfortable and spacious accommodations. The room was tastefully furnished and noticeably larger than a typical standard hotel room, had a large king bed, an in-room jacuzzi tub (complete with a rubber duck), a glass-topped work table, large flat screen TV, large glass topped dresser, glass-topped service unit with small fridge and in-room coffee maker, small standard closet, and bath with shower. Bath amenities were provided. In-room climate control worked well on this chilly winter night.
Everything in the room was in excellent shape, with no noticeable signs of wear and tear anywhere. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom.
Only four minor issues, none of which affected my rating of this property:
- There was only one outlet near the work table, and one of the two receptacles was taken up by the plug for the desk lamp. It would have been nice to have more outlets available - for computer, phone, and such.
- The chair for the work desk was a standard side chair rather than an office desk chair. As such, the height could not be adjusted, and it sat quite low relative to the top of the work surface. It would make sense for this hotel to replace these chairs with ones that can be adjusted, as most other similar properties do.
- There was quite a bit of noise in the corridor in the morning - kids running up and down, people chatting - and the noise carried well into the room. I didn't complain about the noise, but I mention it in case noise is an issue for other potential guests. I did not, however, hear any noise from the adjacent rooms, suggesting that either the other guests were real quiet or the walls have adequate soundproofing.
- WiFi access is charged at $9.95/day. Since many hotels and motels offer this for free, having to pay $9.95/day seems slightly annoying. I carry my own hotspot to avoid such charges when I run into them.
This was my first stay here at Boomtown. I've stayed a couple of times up the road at Diamond Jack's, and between these two properties, Boomtown is the clear choice. Diamond Jack's is a decent property but not exceptional. Boomtown is noticeably better overall.
I will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly remodeled guest rooms at Boomtown are just steps away from all of the casino action, yet tucked away in a sanctuary where you can recharge. Our 186 rooms include 88 garden suites and four suites. Each room features plush new pillow top mattresses, Plasma TVs and brand new furniture and spacious bathrooms with marble granite finishes and includes a variety of convenient in-room amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boomtown Hotel Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomtown Hotel Bossier City
- Boomtown Bossier City
- Boomtown Casino Hotel
- Boomtown Casino Bossier City