“SMOKING MAD PART 2”

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Canton, MS
“SMOKING MAD PART 2”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Checked in for Drill weekend. Tried giving me a smoking room again... I refused to stay this time and wasn't going to sign for my room... After talking with the receptionist for 10 minutes and trying to convince her it was wrong and unhealth to make Air Force Reservists stay in these rooms, I realized she has nothing to do with it. The owners who run this place do. For a $buck$ at tax payers expense,they are willing to make non-smoking AF Reservists stay in these rooms knowing that if AF Reservists make a reservation they have to take the room or else. The reseptionist finally gave me a non-smoking room but at the expense of some other poor non-smoker. This was the last time I will be staying here. AF Reservists should complain to the Billiting Manager to get this practice stopped...

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reno
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I travel to Caddo Parish yearly on business and like a suite. Being a smoker this is very hard to find, however last month's 9 night stay was the second time to stay here. The previous 3 night stay was kind of concerned, the room was in rough condition but service was good. This year was very pleased with the room. Although the maid service was questionable, but might have been the extra time I spent in the room.
I like another reviewer noted the evening young lady desk clerk, is more concerned with her needs that the guests.
I will stay here again and do recommend this motel for its location. There are 2 nice restaurants next to it. Casinos are within minutes and for me is off Airline which gives me close access to where my business is located.

Room Tip: They have a large elevator, however a little slow. Suite was very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Duncanville, Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The good:
The room was clean.
The bed was comfortable.

The bad:
Air conditioner rattled all night.
Toilet was incredibly loud when flushed, which didn't matter in the day time, but mattered when you had to get up in the middle of the night.

The terrible:
We booked through Wyndham's website (Microtel is a Wyndham chain), and were given a rate including taxes. When I checked out I saw the amount I was billed was larger than the amount I had been quoted. I found a charge for $1.50 for a "safe charge". I complained that it wasn't quoted up front, and I never used the safe. The clerk told me that the computer charged that to everyone when they checked out. She then took it off my bill. It's only $1.50, but the problem I have is if they steal $1.50 per night from every customer, if they have a hundred rooms you're talking about stealing over $50,000 a year from their customers. I would never stay at this hotel again, I don't do business with thieves, even if they give you your money back if you catch them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple