“Very good motel for location.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bossier City
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I travel to Caddo Parish yearly on business and like a suite. Being a smoker this is very hard to find, however last month's 9 night stay was the second time to stay here. The previous 3 night stay was kind of concerned, the room was in rough condition but service was good. This year was very pleased with the room. Although the maid service was questionable, but might have been the extra time I spent in the room.
I like another reviewer noted the evening young lady desk clerk, is more concerned with her needs that the guests.
I will stay here again and do recommend this motel for its location. There are 2 nice restaurants next to it. Casinos are within minutes and for me is off Airline which gives me close access to where my business is located.

Room Tip: They have a large elevator, however a little slow. Suite was very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 12, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Reviewed March 13, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The good:
The room was clean.
The bed was comfortable.

The bad:
Air conditioner rattled all night.
Toilet was incredibly loud when flushed, which didn't matter in the day time, but mattered when you had to get up in the middle of the night.

The terrible:
We booked through Wyndham's website (Microtel is a Wyndham chain), and were given a rate including taxes. When I checked out I saw the amount I was billed was larger than the amount I had been quoted. I found a charge for $1.50 for a "safe charge". I complained that it wasn't quoted up front, and I never used the safe. The clerk told me that the computer charged that to everyone when they checked out. She then took it off my bill. It's only $1.50, but the problem I have is if they steal $1.50 per night from every customer, if they have a hundred rooms you're talking about stealing over $50,000 a year from their customers. I would never stay at this hotel again, I don't do business with thieves, even if they give you your money back if you catch them.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Made reservations almost two months in advance. Non-smoking room. I am in the Air Force and this hotel is on our billiting list. Got to hotel and the receptionist told me I was in a room on the 4th floor. Come to find out that this whole floor was smoking. I told her I would go and see if the the room was ok. Elevator door opened and the smell of tobacco was strong. Went into my room and the smell of cigarettes was over powering and cigarette smoke residue was on everything. Went down stairs to the receptionist and she told me there was no more room to move me. I almost drove 4 hours back home and would have missed drill. 30 years of traveling, this was the worst night in a hotel I've experienced while traveling. No sleep, headache, and everything I had with me smelled of smoke. Next morning the man at the receptionist desk was nice enough to change my room. No one should be forced to stay in an unhealthy room such as this but we are forced to when we go to drill. Come to find out, this happens every drill weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014