“Horrible & rude staff”

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Eunice, Louisiana
“Horrible & rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were stuck in a smoking room because we brought our dog....we do not smoke...PLUS we had to pay a pet deposit....
When we asked for management, we were treated poorly!

The room itself stunk, bed stunk, roaches in bathroom, nasty!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!! Not a good value for the $$$ you pay & service & quality you receive
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Steve F, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bossier City, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello Valued Guest,

First let me say THANK YOU! for giving us the opportunity to serve you. It is very unfortunate that you had a bad experience while staying with us. We really are a great hotel with a very passionate staff. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience as I would like to speak with you concerning your recent stay. We really appreciate your feedback and we're looking forward to serving you.

318.747.2400 Ext: 6028

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked this hotel for 2 nights in September. After arriving after 10pm, I was disappointed to find out that all they had left was a SMOKING room. I was so tired and had no choice apparently so I agreed. They were sold out.

The top floor (4) is all smoking...and the stench upon exiting the elevator was intense. The 4th floor has also not seen some updates that the rest of the hotel has. (more later). It took me awhile to find my room as the room number plate near the door had been stolen/broken. Fortunately, someone had taken a sharpie and scribbled in my room number on the wall. And not just on my room but several others. Really? This is a Wyndham property? wow.

The room was just stale with the stench and nothing seemed to help. Have to say, it was no fun breathing that in with every breath while I slept. Nothing in that room had been updated in years,,,it was obvious. The carpet looked so matted and soiled I was scared to walk barefoot;

Many have mentioned the train near the freeway, but honestly I didn't hear any activity late at night or early morning...not a huge issue for me.

The next morning, I was able to switch into a NON smoking room on the 3rd floor. The only one left was handicapped access but I was totally ok with that...ANYTHING to get off the 4th floor hell.

In the hotel's defense, the 3rd floor was like night and day compared to the floor above. Carpet in hallway looked newer, everything clean and fresh. Everyone had a room number plate etc. Why had they let the 4th floor go? Odd.

Here's a tip, the handicapped room was much larger than the standard single queen. The bathroom was also large. I'll remember this next time :). I think it may be be cheaper sometimes.

The 2nd night was perfect. Clean room, spacious and I got a great nights sleep. Was so quiet.

Nearby amenities include Outback Steakhouse, and the David Beard's Catfish across the street. That was so convenient :)

All in all, I'd rate this property GOOD and I WOULD stay again.. but:

IF YOU BOOK, and you do not smoke,,,,,INSIST ON NON SMOKING!!! you' ll be glad you did )

You can thank me later! :)

Room Tip: Avoid 4th floor (smoking only and dirty) Request NON smoking when booking (if you dont smoke)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello Valued Guest,

First let me say THANK YOU! for giving us the opportunity to serve you. It is very unfortunate that you had a bad experience while staying with us. However, even though it is no excuse for what you encountered on the 4ht floor. We are excited that you had a better experience on our 3rd floor.
Please know that we're working hard to address these types of concerns that you had the first night with us and we're currently in the process of implementing plans, so these types of issues will be fixed and won't happen in the future. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience, as I would like to speak with you concerning your recent stay.

We really appreciate your feedback and we're looking forward to another opportunity to serve you again..

Thanks Again!

Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was trying to get a hotel over the holidays, all the casinos were booked. Searched around for hotels and read a review on tripadvisor and decided to book this hotel. Was for-warned about the train, so upon check in asked for a room away from the train track, only rooms left were middle and closer to track. Got the room in the middle, heard the train only once, when I was awake.

Room appearance was nice, bed was very comfortable. Staff were very nice and friendly. Great price, great stay, would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train track, middle is good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy L
Hello Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing us. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Please call our Sales Dept. if you need any additional reservations or hotel information.

We really appreciate your positive feedback and we're looking forward to another opportunity to serve you again..

Thanks!

Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our stay was pretty blah. The rooms are small but at least they were clean but they really need an update bad. We stayed on the top floor near the train track and it was kind of hard to get sleep when the trains came by. Some of the staff members were very unprofessional as well. A couple of the room attendants were smoking cigarettes in the hallway as we passed by and even though it was a smoking floor we as guest should not have to see it, there should be designated areas for the staff to take breaks in. And the lady at the front was rarely at her desk when we came down she was either outside smoking or had to be called and/or found by other employees to let her know someone was at the desk. Breakfast was pretty much all bread items, no meat, only two juice choices and the milk in the servers looked as if it was spoiling because of the rings around the containers it was in. It was basically a sad experience.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Microtel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Asia J
Tricia C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bossier City, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. You are right about the smoking and thank you for bringing it to my attention. We do not have meat on our breakfast yet but are hoping to get it in the near future. I appreciate that you took the time to write a review for us.
Lorton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I enjoyed my staff at this hotel. It was clean and the staff courteous. The rooms were also nice and comfortable. A good stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family