“bad housekeeping”

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Sterlington, Louisiana
“bad housekeeping”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times as my company put me up their twice I stayed for a few days my first impression was nice hotel and after my first stay I still thought this although my next stay started changing my mind after I came back to my hotel room from working all day I walked in to my room to find housekeeping didn't even come to my room to clean it so I had to go to the front desk to get new towels my last stay pretty much put the icing on the cake I checked in got up to my room and sit down in the chair to relax some I took my shower and went to get in the bed as I pulled back the covers their was a brown stain on the sheets it looked liked somebody had a accident in the bed it went threw the top sheets all the way down to the mattress so you could tell the sheets had not been cleaned or changed I went and asked that I be moved to another room I will not be staying at this hotel again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
QualBossCity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our Quality Inn and Suites In Bossier City. I just took over as General manager the first of August And I am working with all of the departments to insure that all of these problems will be resolved. I do understand your frustration. I can assure you that I am working diligently so solve and correct the problems. I would like for you to contact me so that I can offer a discount on your next visit to Bossier City.

318-742-7890

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Iberia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

It's a fairly nice property, well above average for a Quality Inn which has a very very wide range of quality levels. (i.e., some should not have the word Quality in the name) but this one is very nice, rooms have nice beds, leather/pleather recliners, desk, and free wifi. They also have a pool and the typical Choice Hotels breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, etc). They do a managers reception with free booze Mon-Wed. Whoo Hoo!!! Outback Steakhouse is next door and David Beard's Catfish right across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks and interstate.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
QualBossCity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our Quality Inn and Suites in Bossier City. We appreciate your business and I hope that you will stay with us again.

West Monroe, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The night I arrived and walked in my room, the room had a strong, musty, mildew smell. Terrible. I turned the air on thinking that that would help, but it did not. Everything in the room needs to be updated. Then on to the "24 hour fitness room". I got up to run at 5:00 A.M. only to find that the treadmill did not work. When I called the front desk, he simply stated, "Well, it worked the last time I checked it." Sooooooo, I went downstairs and told him I needed it to be fixed now, and he said that maintenance would look at it as soon as they got in at 8:00 or 9:00...that was too late for me. I had somewhere I had to be. I had to go to ANOTHER hotel and work out. I will never, ever, ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing and letting us know about your recent stay at our Quality Inn and Suites in Bossier City. I do apologize for the problems that you encountered while you were here. As with a lot of properties that still allow smoking in the hotel I do understand the musty smells that can happen to rooms. We strive to make sure that all of our rooms are cleaned and are odor free every day. Unfortunately we do run into problems from time to time. The Breakers for the exercise room was blown, and as the clerk told you there was no one there that could resolve the problem until the maintenance person arrived.
I would like to offer you a 50% discount on a room the next time that you are in the Bossier City area. Please copy this and bring it with you for the discount.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were here for a three night stay, and we have no complaints at all, felt very comfortable the whole time. Room was very clean as well as other areas of the hotel. But the best part was the staff, everyone was very down to earth, yet professional at the same time. It is very hard to find hotel staff like that. The manager Steve is amazing, truly caring about all the guests. We do plan to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Steve M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. We will always strive to make all guests experience the same level of satisfaction as you did. We never stop trying to improve on those things that make us a great property. We hope to see you soon.

Steve
Sterlington, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My stay at the hotel was fine, the experience afterwards took away that decent experience. They did all of these unnessesary transations that had me upset and 220 dollars on my bank account on hold. And to make it worse the assistant manager was very condescending. I stay at hotels frequently and I have never had such a problem with my bank about charges.

This was unanacceptable and I would not recommend this hotel for that very reason. They should have just taken care of me in a better manner. Everything that they did was to ensure that they would get their money and screw me over. I understand the bank policies and the hotel policies. There comes a time that as a business you act like you have some concern other than squeezing the customer for over and above . I have my moms funeral to attend tommorrow and I have to purchase some items today. But I cannot buy these items because of these selfish hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear reviewer,
I am sorry you did not a good experience at our hotel. I would like to talk to you about your experience further. If you would call the hotel directly and ask for me I will try to make this right with you.

Steve,
Belen,NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

A little off the beaten track, but an excellent choice. NIESHA was a great front desk clerk; friendly and made us feel at home, She gave us a room right near the levator and the ice machine, which was great as it was 10 PM when we checked in. Bed was good, all was clean and very comfortable. Next AM, we had the breakfast with the standard waffles, bagels, pastries, juices, busicits and gravy, hard boiled eggs. Hot and cold cereals, yogurt. All was fresh. And we were impressed with JARED who was cleaning up the area and overall being helpful to the guests. Met the manager, STEVE, and his personality reflected the customer service orientation we would in all the staff. This would be a great place to stay and our trip thru this area again would place this at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Room near the elevator; ice is on the 3 and 4 floors. Quiet hotel as the neighborhood is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RainbowNM
Steve M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. This is what I and my staff strive to acheive with each and every guest. We want all of our guests to enjoy thier stay with us as you did. I will be sharing your review with all of our staff to show how their efforts in customer service is appriciated. We look forward to your next visit to Bossier City.

Steve Matson
Quality Inn & Suites
Bossier City LA
Bastrop, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been staying there for years Business and Personal Travel. The Staff is great. The hotel is starting to show wear and tear. I know that they updated over the years so I'm sure they will start updating pretty soon.

Today I tried to book a room online thru ChoiceHotels.com to get my points and they are not there anymore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business