“No More Choice Rewards???”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Bastrop, Louisiana
“No More Choice Rewards???”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been staying there for years Business and Personal Travel. The Staff is great. The hotel is starting to show wear and tear. I know that they updated over the years so I'm sure they will start updating pretty soon.

Today I tried to book a room online thru ChoiceHotels.com to get my points and they are not there anymore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while in the area attending a volleyball tournament. Though the beds were comfortable, the hotel really needs an overall update. Sink was old and the faucet was very stiff. Temperature control popped out of the center of the mixer faucet when we tried to turn it on. Handle was missing off of the end table and carpet padding was terribly lumpy throughout the room. The hair dryer button was so stiff that at first we thought we would have to call the front desk for a new one. Housekeeping left us 2 towels for 4 people, but we didn't realize it until late the first night. Second day, they left us 2 lotions and no shampoo. Breakfast was fine, but cereal selection was very limited (2 options). If given the option again, I would spend a little more money and stay elsewhere. For the quality, I would have expected to pay at least $20 a night less.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Jena
Reviewed February 22, 2013

When we got to the hotel, we were greeted by everyone! Everyone was extremely friendly. Every week night they had a manager's meet & greet where they served drinks & snacks. The hotel was very clean & I had no problems with anything until I started smelling cigarette smoke. Knowing that Louisiana is totally smoke free, there should have been NO smoke smell anywhere in this hotel. The next morning my husband & I went down the stairs to go to breakfast & it was so strong with cigarette smoke that I couldn't breathe. We went out for the day & when we came back, we went to the back entrance & the door had been left ajar from the ones who were smoking in the stairwell. The last morning there my husband discovered that the employees were indeed smoking in the stairwell & that morning it was very strong in our room & we were on the 4th floor. It was cold out, but if you don't want to go outside to smoke, don't work in a smoke free establishment..... OR JUST QUIT SMOKING!!! It was ridiculous. Needless to say, I was NOT happy!!! Now that I got that out, I was happy with the service. We stayed 3 nights & the same lady was serving breakfast every morning & she was extremely friendly & seemed to know everyone's names (probably from the meet & greets) She called everyone by name & was constantly asking if everyone was ok or if they needed anything else. Everytime we left & came back all employees in the lobby called out to us which was very friendly. Every day the room was cleaned, bed was made & towels, rags & toiletries replaced. It meant alot just to come back to that. We are already planning another trip to Bossier & we will have our children with us. I will definitely consider going back to this hotel, but if we have the problem with the smoke again, it will be our last visit. By the way, all the hotels in this area are surrounded by a train track so these trains go by pretty often & they blow their horn right in the middle of town all through the night. The 1st night I was awaken several times by trains but the other nights we left the tv on with sound & was never awaken by a train again.

THIS REVIEW WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE SMOKE!!!

Room Tip: Leave on your tv with sound or turn on some music to sleep with if you don't want to be awaken b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsTRK
Reviewed February 10, 2013

thanks for going above and beyond to support the Army Soldier. The room and service was all great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a very good place to stay for either business or leisure travel. It is very close to the expressway, clean and has a very friendly staff. The breakfast was good and the room was clean and everything was in working order. We were traveling with a dog this time and the staff was very nice to the dog as well. I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to someone else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Near the casinos, if that's what you like. The hotel was very clean, the staff helpful. The room was large and had all the amenities. Nice breakfast but not much space in the breakfast area. No parking fees. Actually better hotel than the one we stayed in in New Orleans. Great price, but ask for your safe deposit back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jmroberts1
Bentley, Louisiana
Reviewed December 12, 2012

From the time I walked into the lobby, I knew tripadvisor led me to a great stay.
They serve happy hour beer and wine along with appetizers. Always nice when you want a quick bite to give time to settle in before dinner.
The rooms a large clean and HD TV's. My room had a leather recliner. I felt right at home.
Staff was very complimenting.
Nice hot breakfast
Close to a mall and places to eat close by.
I travel very often, so this is my new home when in Shreveport/Bossier City

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Johndukejr
QualBossCity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear johndukejr,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for complimenting us on our clean hotel, Managers Reception, and well trained staff, at our front desk. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your future visit soon!

Derek Harper