“Quality Inn Bossier City LA”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
“Quality Inn Bossier City LA”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Had to stop at several hotels in the area to find a decent one. Most near all the high rise casinos. All seemed very pricey and not that nice, with the exception of this Quality Inn.
Very Clean, Very nice room, Comfortable bed. Bathroom well stocked with soap, shampoo,
coffeemaker, etc. Price was 83.32 with AARP. $72 before taxes)
Great breakfast included in the morning...including biscuits and gravy. Also, during the week there is a happy hour time from 5 to 7 every day that includes free beer and wine and snacks.
All free. We missed that but have stayed at other Quality Inn's that offer it and it is really a nice
plus. Internet worked great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank greensgirl46
QualBossCity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are seeking to Roll Out the Red Carpet for ALL of our guests and ensure you receive a Quality stay. Really glad you enjoyed the breakfast, as well! It is one of our staples along with our Happy Hour! Your feedback is much appreciated! Please let us know when you'll be back in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
North Central Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I've seen many reviews of many hotels across the country that say something like "rude staff" of "uncaring attitude" or "sloppy maintenance". NONE of these apply to my experience with the front desk, site manager, maids or maintenance people that I encountered at this unit. No, I didn't require anything to be fixed or any extra housekeeping services. But I do tend to talk to the people that work in the locations in which I stay just to get a general idea of what manner of person is employed. It's the best way to discover attitudes and issues that might give you reason for concern. the ENTIRE staff was professional in their appearance and their customer service. The hotel offers a manager's reception every evening from about 5-6:30p with beverages and appetizers. The variety is about average but many mid-priced lodges don't even offer this much anymore. The full breakfast was about the standard bill of fare also but again, for the price one might expect nothing more than the mundane continental coffee and donuts. The facility and grounds are well kept and very convenient to the downtown / restaurant / shopping / casino areas, but without the crowds that like to stay "on-site" at these places. You're only about a 5 minute drive east on the interstate from the Riverwalk area. The room was sufficient for the rate charged (I paid $79 on a Thursday evening), clean and well enough appointed. Not huge, but plenty of space for 2 people. The issue of the train tracks just off the north end of the property is real, but how much it will bother you depends on how well you sleep. It's not as though the hotel vibrates with each passing freight train. Personally I had little difficulty with their presence. This unit is a far better option than most of the casino rooms with the exception being you have to drive 5 minutes to get to that area.

Room Tip: They do allow small pets as well.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank louzann
Thanks a lot for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Additionally, for all of our guests, we do love to know which breakfast items you'd like to have to get your morning started in the best way possible! We definitely enjoy the company of our guests at our Complimentary Manager's Reception, as well. Finally, customer service is something we are keen on here! Thanks for noticing! We will continue to Roll Out the Red Carpet for you!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I booked this room because of Tripadvisor 's rating. I walked into the room & noticed a 7in. tear in the carpet as I opened the door. The room was average size with a broken leather recliner. The bathroom was barely large enough to turn around. The amenities were basic and because I stayed a second night, they were not replaced with new ones. Coffee, shampoo, and cups were not replaced for the second night. Get my point ?! One small item I almost forgot to mention was that, if you are a train lover, this is the place for you. At 4:30 and again at 5:39 and 6:45 a train with full whistle blowing, passes about 30 feet from my room. As I left, the one thing that aggrevated me the most is that the carpet in the hallway has not been cleaned in awhile, which should have been a preview of bad things to come. This Unquality Hotel is definately off my list.

Room Tip: If you pay "cheap," you get cheap. I paid $92 for this room & could have stayed at a m...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dee G
QualBossCity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I am so sorry that your experience at our property was a negative one. I can assure you that this is NOT the norm. We are, however, very grateful for your feedback and wish you would have chosen to deliver it prior to leaving the property. My apologies for the late response to your message, but I am just learning the functionality of this great tool. I can assure you that improvements have been and are being made to ensure that you never experience issues such as the torn carpet or bad recliner. As far as the train, based on availability, we can always place our lighter sleepers on the end of our property away from the train tracks to reduce the possibility of a disturbance.

Again, I am truly sorry that you had an unpleasant stay. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly before making hotel reservations so that I may see if I can assist and guarantee you a much more favorable stay.

Thanks,

Mario Harper
Argyle, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Very clean and well kept hotel. Pretty good breakfast with many choices - not just carbs but eggs and choices. Needed to have a little more attention but sufficed. Front desk personnel was very cordial and informative. Only negative would be the train whistle from the railroad that runs by the hotel. Bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end would probably be quieter away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank txfrekles
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind words regarding our property! We are constantly seeking new ideas for our breakfast and happy hour items, so any feedback is always appreciated. I will be sure to pass along the awesome compliment to the front office staff. They really enjoy what they do and know the property and area very well. Finally, thanks for the tip about the South End of the property for our light sleepers. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future!

Mario Harper
Bogata, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Our stay was near-perfect! The hotel is very nice-- immaculate room and lobby area. The check-in and check-out processes were very quick, and the staff was nice and friendly. Our room was very nice and well cared-for. Wireless internet was fast and easy to access.
The only complaint I have is that this hotel is near a railroad, and we heard the train come through a couple of times, but I suppose that can't be helped :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m0947
Gilbert, LA
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The staff, Tawayna, was friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. The room (smoking, king) was pretty nice. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, However I would recommend bring your own pillow due to the hotel's are small. The bathroom was spotless clean. The carpet was a little outdated, could use an update and there were maybe two cosmetic flaws that could be addressed. There was one bad spot under the refrigerator. The air conditioner worked so well we kept it on low cool and i am extremely hot natured. Breakfast was as adequate as any other hotel. We were on the end of the hotel by the train tracks and the only time I really noticed it was when I was awake. Very glad we made the choice to stay here and will return in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Crisal43
Mississippi
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We highly recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and very clean. Continental breakfast was good, hot biscuits, waffles, gravy. We plan on always staying here when we visit family in Louisiana again. If there was a negative, it would be the train during the night but even that was not bad.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple