“Second time lucky!”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #2 of 236 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of two Louisiana locations of this franchise.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We sat down to eat having just arrived in Shreveport a few hours earlier. We ordered drinks and were asked for ID. My husband had his, I did not and they refused to serve me alcohol. We asked to see the manager (Derek) who was perfectly polite and apologised stating that it was a relatively new law in Bossier city (just over the bridge from shreveport) we had no choice but to leave. We did however return next day because the restaurant was highly recommended. Out waitress was wonderful from start to finish. Derek recognised us from the evening before and came over and apologised, which we thought was rather considerate.
Our meal was cooked exactly to order and was very enjoyable. It's a great authentic place all round. Give it a go.

There are newer reviews for Saltgrass Steak House

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Saltgrass Steak House. We enjoyed the décor of the restaurant and the food was good for a chain steak house. The service was very goo.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The steak was pretty good, but the baked potatoe was cold. I meal cold. We reported this to the waiter, but got nothing changed, Another time we ate there it was good.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a typical chain offering good steaks at a reasonable price. They offer a variety of toppings to dress up the steaks, but I found that the basic steak had plenty of flavor. If you prefer your steaks well done, maybe spending $6 on melted cheese may be a good way to inject some flavor back into the meat.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love a good steak house and just stumbled across the Saltgrass. The environment was very inviting and comfortable. My server, Cassandra, was perfection. Very pleasant and attentive without being pushy and the perfect amount of charm.

The food was great, my steak was just the way i wanted it. I was impressed with how fast my food arrived after i order. (one advantage of ordering my steak rare) I was in there on a Friday shortly after 5pm. So it was not prime rush hours. By the time I left it was filling up but it appeared to be amply staffed to handle the load.

My only regret is I don't live in the area so I can't make the Saltgrass a frequent stop.