“Hit or miss”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #2 of 239 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of two Louisiana locations of this franchise.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

One time food is great...service is awful. Next time service is great...food is awful. You just never know what you're going to get. What you're not going to get is... consistancy.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

The steak was delicious and service very good also.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We traveled to Louisiana for a 2 day volleyball tournament and the girls wanted a good meal. We all opted for Saltgrass down at the Boardwalk. We went in on a Friday afternoon around 5:00pm so it was not crowded yet and had no problem getting seated. The service was good as was the atmosphere. After we ordered, we were served bread along with our drinks then along came our salads and soup. When the food came out, those with mashed potatoes (garlic, I believe) said they couldn't eat them because they were horrible. My prime rib came out sitting on top of a slice of garlic bread which I couldn't see at first making me think "wow, that's a huge chunk of meat!"...but when I removed the bread, in actuality, what I had was a 1/2 inch of meat that was mostly fat. After I cut it up I had 7 pieces of meat that were edible....my friend next to me counted. The rest was fat. The sweet potato was excellent, I must say. My daughter had the fried shrimp and ate them all (only one bite of her mashed potato's, tho).
I guess at a steak house I just expected the steak to be better than the seafood.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Baked potato was perfect and the prime rib was cooked perfectly. Service was not great but not bad.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

What I ordered:

Chicken Tortilla Soup: Give this a pass, try the Steak Soup which is more like a beef and vegetable soup

Steak and Shrimp ($19.99 special); Coconut Shrimp, crisp, very good. Steak, cooked correctly. Potato was loaded and hot.

Server was attentive, even though I was given a large picture of ice tea, the server check on me several times.

I would not visit this location within minutes of closing time. The crew is READY to go home and will start the cleanup process (banging chairs, shutting down sections, shouting out instructions, etc.) within 30 minutes of closing time. Even as new customers enter the restaurant.