“execellent prime rib”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #2 of 239 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of two Louisiana locations of this franchise.
Reviewed January 15, 2012

one of our favorites. afforable prices. great service

Reviewed December 22, 2011

When we go shopping at the boardwalk we like to eat here.
The food is seasoned well, and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Had dinner last night at the Saltgrass in Bossier City and ordered the Double Boned Pork Chop and a fully loaded baked potatoe, all I can say is I was not dissapointed. My colleague and I sat in the bar, service was OK and overall friendly. Received our food promptly and after I cut into it I wish I would have taken a picture so I could share but by the time I was done all that was left were 2 small pieces of bones and an empty backed potatoe shell, not picture worthy. I will definitely be back and recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good meal.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We dine at 3-5 star restaurants about 20 times per month. We decided to try Salt Grass with the hope that it was at least as good as their other locations although we have had mixed experiences with this chain. The restaurant is located in a nice locaton on the river. The hostesses were ok but needed additional training. My chicken fried steak was below average in quality (we lived in Texas before moving to Louisiana and have lots of experience with CFS.) It almost seemed like they used a packaged product that they heated up. The mashed potatoes were subpar but the salad was good. My son had the strip sirloin and he thought it was mediocre in quality. My wife had the small Maudeen's center cut filet. It's unusual to have two steaks at a steak house that are mediocre but that is what my wife thought about hers as well. My daughter-in-law had the seared Ahi tuna salad and she thought it was good. The beer was ice cold and very good. The service was about what you would expect from a 3 star chain restaurant. You won't get good value for your money here -- they are somewhat overpriced compared to other restaurants in Shreveport. They have a lot of business because they attract the captive audiences from the casinos in the area and Shreveport does not have many good places to eat, so you don't have a lot of choices. I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend. We went there to celebrate my daughter-in-laws new job and we had a great time being together. It's unfortunate the meal did not contribute to our celebration.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

The first time we ate at this restaurant it was very good. The second time was just good and the most recent time (September '11) no so good. The mushrooms I had with my steak were very overcooked and my wifes potatoes were cold. The steaks were just so-so as I have had better at Chili's. Our server was above average but not outstanding. We're a couple of senior citizens and when we go into a restaurant we ask not to be seated next to small children. We sometimes feel the looks we get from the hostess make us out to be a couple of ogres but we've raised our kid and we want now deserve a peaceful meal when we're paying for it. The hostess was a little surprised when we selected an open table serveral open tables away from where she wanted to seat us but she made the change. Within 5 minutes the hostess is placing a family with a newborn next to us when there are many, many other tables available. Has anyone else ever noticed how the hostess will seat you according to the needs of the servers as opposed to the diners? Bottomline, the food is not worth the price and the service is just OK. The hostess did not help the restaurant out with her attitude. This will be the last time we dine at THIS Saltgrass.