“New Owners or Just Bad Economy?”

Horseshoe Bossier City
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, TX.
“New Owners or Just Bad Economy?”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We began staying at Horseshoe long before Harrahs bought it from Jack Binion, and now the investment company that bought it from Harrahs has been making changes in several areas. But good service and respectful employees have stayed the same in our opinion.
We've also noticed the sectional sofas are showing age, but we don't spent much time in room, unless we just need to rest awhile. Our rooms are always clean, secure, quiet, and comfortable. We're seniors, we drive 4.5 hrs. from Houston to gamble, eat good clean food, and to have a nice time. No drunks, beggars, or vulgar behavior to tolerate is a big plus to us. The other hotel guests we've shared elevators always seem polite and friendly also.
It does seem the dollar slots have gotten tighter to win recently so slots are becoming boring for me. Or maybe it's due to the economy without as many slot players in years past???
Some of our friends are now staying over at another hotel/casino and beg us to abandon Horseshoe too, but we still feel at home there, plus Mr.B. likes the friendly dealers and can smoke a cigarette if he wants one. May I also mention he's also a WWII Vet and my hero hubby?
I'm really suspect of some of the bad reviews posted here. Sore losers, maybe?

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
texas
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We have been there many times but these last few times have really turned us off. The person that said don't walk barefoot was right. The rooms use to make you feel you were in a luxury hotel but not anymore. The beds creak badly with the slightess move. They sag in the middle and the pillows are like hard rocks. But the worst thing is this last time we had bed bugs. I couldn't sleep all night because I felt I was being pinched all over. The next morning my husband and I had pin size red marks on us. I had more than him. They were all over my stomach and upper thighs. He couldn't believe all of them. When we told the check out clerk she was totally disinterested. It shows the hotel is.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Malakoff, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Checked in the room wanting to use cash but was required to use credit card for "dining credit" that was in offer. After discussion with Hotel Manager, I was allowed to check in with cash with stipulation that we had to have the cashier call the front desk for authorization of the dining credit. Valet parking was slow to pick up and verrrrrry slow to drop off car. We waited over 25 minutes at one point for the car to be brought to us. The room was dated, but nice except for being on the 6th floor and our window was in the direct path of the floodlights that illuminate the building. That was a shocker!! Thank goodness for blackout drapes. Roomservice was very prompt and courteous. I am used to the Eldorado where the bathrooms are as big as the rooms at Horseshoe. The rooms need a little upgrading to 2009 standards.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Louisiana
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The room was very clean. The people where very nice. My husband and I enjoyed it
very much. We would like to go back and would recommend to a friend. This was the first time we ever ordered room service. The food was great and the service was great.
It was a lot of fun. We didn't win but, we still had a great time. I didn't like being on
the 24th floor made my ears pop on the way down. My fault she ask me what level.
I told her didn't matter. That's what I get. Enjoyed every thing else. The bathtub was great.

Johnny and Mary Waggoner
Eros La.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cedar Creek, TX
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We stay at the Horseshoe because the rooms are clean and the employees are friendly.
I can't say enough about Jack Binions Steak House!
The food and service is better than excellent.
Thank you Horseshoe!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2009

This was my first stay at the Horseshoe. I usually stay at the Eldorado Hotel and Casino. The room was very spacious, a little outdated. I would have preferred a non-smoking room, but received a smoking room, you can tell the difference when you walk in, but the smell disappears quickly. The staff at this hotel, from the reception area, casino, and eateriesare very friendly and supportive. The bed in the hotel is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever been slept in at any hotel. I would definitely stay here again. The only problem is the carpet in the room needs to be clean. The bottom of my white socks were black from walking around the room. Bathroom was very spacious, huge tub, marbled floors. The bathroom looked more upscale than the room One good thing is that this hotel is located right next to the Louisiana Boardwalk Mall. Did I mention the complimentary valet parking?

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Leroy, TX
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Our stay the the Horseshoe in Bossier City was excellent. This was not our first stay here and this time was great just like the other times. Very luxurious hotel. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful and check-in was quick and very efficiant. Room was nicely decorated and very clean. We will most definatly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City

Been to Horseshoe Bossier City? Share your experiences!