“Great Time - Great Casino and Hotel”

Horseshoe Bossier City
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Johnson County, Texas
“Great Time - Great Casino and Hotel”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Once again we stayed at the Horseshoe and it was great, from the friendly staff to the clean room to the good buffett to the friendly gambling - didn't win -. I had read the earlier bad reviews and remarked to the wife that it must have really gone down hill since our last visit. Did not find that it had gone down hill but was as we always expect, good place to have a good time. Do wish they would always have a $5 crap table open. Some of us on a fixed income have to look for the good bargins when we can find it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
pflugerville, tx
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Comp room wasoutstanding. It was a suite on the 26th floor. The buffet and the breakfast in the cafe were excellent. I would like to thank the Horseshoe for such wonderful stay. I was there with two old high school friends, class of '64. We couldn't have had a better time(Well maybe hit a jackpot or two)
Thanks, again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
oklahoma
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Monday we stopped at Horseshoe on the way to Biloxi and also on Friday on the way back home. The room was large with 2 queen beds (wonderful mattress)..small TV in the large bathroom, refrigerator, coffee maker, flat screen TV, couch and chair, desk and chair. The air-conditioner worked extremely well, actually too cold for me. The beds were triple sheeted which was very nice, you don't have that bedspread that who knows who has laid on, the triple sheet is much cleaner. we had a good view of the river and downtown Shreveport.
The girls at the check in desk were very nice and friendly and very efficient. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My work has given me the opportunity to travel a great deal, but decided for my first vacation since my move to Louisiana that I would stay at one of the local casinos. I made a reservation for a non smoking room on their website and got what I thought was a good rate. I arrived early and was pleasantly surprised to find a short line to check in. The woman at the front desk confirmed I wanted a non smoking room as she checked me in and sent me on my way. I open the door to my room to find it was not only a smoking room but one that apparently had just seen a fair share of cigar smoke. I immediately called down to be changed to a non smoking room and told there was nothing available. Tip to those looking to stay at the hotel, your room preferences and smoking preferences are just that; preferences. An hour later we were sent up a young man to clean the room with an ionizer. He promptly said the room was one of the ones in need of remodeling the most and was sorry there wasn't much the machine was going to do for the room, unfortunately. The carpet was so dirty it had a worn path from the door to around the bed, to the bathroom and to the couch. I plan on posting pictures of the room, but to put it in words most would understand immediately, it was so dirty that when your bare skin of your feet touched the floor it was the kind of dirty that was sticky under your feet. I've never been to a roadside motel or a one star dive that had carpet as dirty with large areas of stains among the dirt trails. The entire room needed updated badly. The housekeepers cleaned the basics but left things like the doors smudged with goo and the bathtub combo only rinsed, but not cleaned. I tried to make the best of it and went down to sign up for my rewards card. I was given buffets supposed to be "on my card" and set off for the casino. Security checked my license that I had attached to my rewards card and pointed me in the direction of the slots. The casino slots seemed tight and from the chatter around me it seemed most were playing to a certain limit to redeem to achieve perks and then planned to visit the neighboring casinos for better slot odds. Can't say there was much winning at the slots but the blackjack tables seemed hotter than most places I've gone. I went to use my buffet and promptly found out the security check point had magnified my card and I lost not only the perks given to me but of course anything I had earned while playing. Way to go guys! The CMT bar was hopping with a country band and seemed to be full to the brim until the band ended at 11:30. I made a reservation at the Asian restaurant, Four Winds. Food was a 3 out of 5 star. Nothing to get all that excited about, but it won't kill either. It was a little strange listening to Asian themed background music trying to play over the driving beat of the country band right acrossed the corridor. I had one of the farthest booths and it was still like dualing pianos. I wanted to speak to the manager about the room at checkout and would have suggested he visit this particular room himself. The young woman said he was in a meeting and upon hearing my experiences told me that I should post my experience online and show pictures. "It would serve this place right to be show up for those rooms on those particular floors that aren't fit for dogs" Your wish is my command. If you aren't going to make it right, yes, I will certainly tell the world about the experience. I will give Samstown a try next time or Boomtown or Diamond Jacks, but the Horseshoe was not the part of the horse I would have most thought the casino resembled. Another tip, remember there is no pool there. The large aquariums they boast about within the hotel were also empty and down for repairs at the time of my visit. You will also pay for internet in your room at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DisplacedYankeeLady
DFW
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We just returned from a weekend trip to the Horseshoe. We usually stay at ElDoradi but decided to branch out. What a mistake.

I really don't know where to start.

The first night of our stay you can say that we were appalled to find a black curly hair in the sheets.

The staff showed no courtesy and we never received the roll away that we requested.

The next morning it took an act of congress to retrieve our car from valet.

The 2nd night we decided to splurge a bit and enjoy a nice dinner at Binions. My $34 steak had a sawdust texture. I can honestly say that I have had better steaks at the Golden Corral.

I am disappointed that I decided to stray from the ElDorado, which is a far superior option.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank PaulyWNuts
Oklahoma
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I have stayed at the Horseshoe multiple times and had a good experience each time. One time they had me in a non-smoking room but it was changed at the desk without incidence. The table game and limit selection is good. I only wish the waitstaff was a little quicker. As far as dining goes the buffet is second to none, but the sit-down cafe service bordered on horrible. I'm not the biggest gambler in the house but I have yet to pay for a room or a meal and I appreciate that. Great place to stay but avoid the cafe. By the way valet park it is well worth the walk saved.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Doubledowndiceroller
College Station, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2009

First off, we have been going to Vegas for years and we loved this hotel. We were given a comped room at the Horseshoe. This was our first time going to Bossier City and we were impressed. The room was very large with 3 TV's, nicely furnished and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious with a huge tub and shower combo and granite counter tops. The floors were tiled nicely and looks like the room has had a facelift. The food here was great with several choices to choose from. The buffet was very good, compared to some that we have ate at.We gambled at all the casino's and Horseshoe was the best. The Horseshoe has up to date slots that seemed to pay off well. We had several good hits as well as other people that we observed.Everybody including staff and tourist were friendly. The staff went out of their way to please. The CMT bar served some strong drinks which were to our liking. This Hotel was as nice as some Vegas Hotels but on a smaller scale. Overall, we were very impressed and will definitely be going back to the Horseshoe.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City

Been to Horseshoe Bossier City? Share your experiences!