“Rip Off...no one onsite to assist with Issues”

Horseshoe Bossier City
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the horseshoe last weekend. Unfortunately with this Horseshoe, it was a nightmare. We decided to go on Thursday instead of Friday because the rates were ridculous for Friday. We checked in at 10pm and requested a late check out of 12:00p. Friday,we went to the front desk to see if we could get some additional time for gambling and they said no so, we checked out. Saturday Morning, I checked my account online and saw that they charged us for a Friday night stay. I called the hotel at 7:45 am and there was NO ONE I could speak with that could resolve the problem. I assured them that I was not in the room and asked them to go and see. I spoke with several people who had to "investigate" the situation and finally got the name of the Director of Hotel Operations who was not in. Both my husband and I left him voice mails and finally in following up on Monday, we found out the money was to be credited back which does not help me as I have fees as a result of this fiasco. NEVER, NEVER NEVER WILL I STAY THERE AGAIN. It's unfortunate that no one exhibited one ounce of customer service to assist us in any way. How unfortunate.

1  Thank Innovativethinkn
Write a ReviewReviews (5,580)

Reviewed February 23, 2009

Went for a "Girls" Weekend. Room was above excellent, bed comfortable, very clean and great view from 23rd floor overlooking the river. The food at the Buffet was very fresh and delicious, with enough variety for differing appetites. Actually, I have eaten at almost all the Buffets in Vegas and I will rate the Horseshoe as "One of the Best". All casino personnel were nice and payouts at the machines were done very quickly. During the day the drink servers were very limited and Saturday night was very crowded! Every machine had someone playing - but there were a lot more servers at night. I would certainly recommend staying at this Hotel.

1  Thank LuLu0554
Reviewed February 22, 2009

My wife and I have been traveling to the Horseshoe for approx. 12 years. We just completed a two night stay . To start our trip when we arrived we were given a smoking room even though we are non smokers. It was not the first time it had happened. We always request a nonsmoking room. I also can tell that the economy is taking it's toll on the staffing at the property. I played for two hours on Sunday morning and not once did I see anyone that could offer a drink. After two hours I did see a floor manager carrying a tray full of empty glasses. One very popular topic of conversation was that nobody had ever seen such tight slots. I have gambled all over this country, and I realize that it is a game of chance, but I believe it was the worst that I had ever seen. A few things that I would remind Harrahs of would be that in spite of the economy they still need to take care of the customer and too much constriction of operations can run off what is left of the loyal customers. In general I love this property and have always been a loyal customer. Management, please keep it the wonderful propert it has always been.

Reviewed February 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed one night for our 37th wedding anniversary. We were extremely pleased, to say the least. We travel around the US and this has to be the best hotel by far. Very friendly staff, the room was spotless and very nice. We really enjoyed the Casino and the Boardwalk. This will definitely be our preferred location for a good time at a very reasonable rate. And as a plus, Bossier City and surrounding area is a very nice place to visit,

1  Thank saito2
Reviewed February 21, 2009

My father and I stayed here for 3 days and had an incredible time. The people and dealers are so personable and friendly, I have no need to go back to Vegas. Out there they are rude, and the rooms here rival any of those in Vegas. The food was excellent everywhere we ate and the service was spot on! The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. I have seen where people complain about the rooms, but seriously, how much are you in your room? Just give me a place to lay my head and I will be fine. I am coming back this weekend and can't wait to get back and some friendly faces. Oh, and win some money!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank erupption
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I booked a one night stay for my wife's and My anniversary with Valentines day rolled in. I booked the room about two weeks in advance. After booking the room I thougt wow I should of read the Hotels reviews. After reading a couple of bad reviews , I became very worried. I called back three times to confirm my room. Well the worries were all needless. We got to the Horsehoe about 12:00 Pm and asked for early check in. The very friendly desk clerk told me it would be about an hour wait but we could leave our luggage. Well we went and got our Rewards Card and they gave us comps for the bufffet. We ate at the buffet twice and both times it was a great experience and if I was paying out of my pocket would have been well worth their pricing. We returned to the desk at 1:00 pm and our room was ready. We went up to our room which, was just "Beautiful." clean and very comfortable We stayed a Caesars , Las Vegas last year and this room was as good of quality as theirs, and the Horseshoes bed was a lot more comfortable. Everyone who worked at the Horseshoe was as friendly as could be. We didnt run into one unfriendly soul. We had a terrific stay and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lknforsweety
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My husband and I were in town on business and decided to stay another night and called several hotels and the Horseshoe was the only one with a room available. (Now we know why!!)

For the price of the room it was a real disappointment once we got in the actual room. The bathroom didn't even have a vent, the shower didn't drain all the way. (Even had water the NEXT day). The bed was very squeaky even when you just sat down and didn't even have a fitted sheet. (flat sheet, flat sheet, blanket and another flat sheet!! We had no extra pillows or blankets. And the glasses we had were dirty!!

When we were checking out the front desk was VERY rude and talked on the phone on a personal phone call. She didn't even ask how our stay was. The food was okay at the buffet.

The hotel/casino looks very nice from the outside and in the lobby but the rooms were horrible. Stay somewhere else and just visit the casino!! I know we will never stay there again.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
#1 of 38 in Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk

Been to Horseshoe Bossier City? Share your experiences!