“Hotel has good and not so good”

Horseshoe Bossier City
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I stayed at the Horseshoe in both June and July. My June visit was much better and I have only good things to say about the huge room, bathroom and service. Great view from an upper floor was a bonus. The bufet was an added bonus as the food was both varied and good.

The July stay was not near as good. My room did not seem as clean and someone's left overs were still in the fridge. The maids were having a very long "gab fest" in the hall and the noise spilled over into my room for a long time after check-in. Check-in was also a problem. I had reserved one room for one night but was told I had three rooms booked. Once that was settled they then tried to charge me more than double the booked rate. Luckily I had my e-mail confirmation with me. This was after a lengthy wait with only one clerk checking people in. My room's view was of spotlights shown on the front of the hotel. Since I came to gamble and not stay in the room, it was not that anoying.

The casino was o.k. and had some good choices. If you like to play machines, they have a free shuttle to the race track which is as big as some vegas casino's.

All in all, both trips were nice though the second could have been better. The bed was so nice on both trips that I ended up buying one directly from Simmons.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (5,475)

Reviewed July 25, 2008

I've stayed at Horseshoe a dozen times or so and have had a "five" experience each time. Great valet, competent front desk, FANTASTIC rooms with good views of downtown Shreveport, and nice restaurants. I don't find the slots good or bad, just average in terms of payout.

Suites are huge and bathrooms are marble-laden. A nice experience overall.

Try it. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank DesertWonder
Reviewed July 17, 2008

My wife and I stayed three night at the Horseshoe for our 12th anniversary.

We booked the hotel thru casinocity.com, got a confirmation number and were on our way.

Upon arrival and check in I asked for a room overlooking the river and my wish was granted. (Room 1725)

The room was clean and the beds are so freakin' comfortable you might not want to get out of them in the morning!

The room we had came with a seperate living area and tv. There is even a tv in the bathroom.
3 TV's total in the room.

When we signed up for our member rewards card in the casino we were given 2 free buffets each. A nice touch awarded to all new points club members.

The casino staff was friendly and fun except for one guy who brought the table to a halt when he complained about his job.
Everyone else was always friendly and courteous.

The poker room is nice and has about 11 tables if I were to guess. The poker room staff was friendly, courteous and professional in their job. All the dealers were competent and knew what they were doing.

The buffet was good, nothing extrodinary, but about what you'd expect from a buffet. Nice spread.

We would definately stay at the HorseShoe again.
I'd give it 4.5 stars out of 5

Reviewed July 10, 2008

We booked online asking for "non-smoking two queens" room. Got a confirmed reservation. Upon arrival was told no such room was available. Another couple that came with us, booked their room after us, and received a "non-smoking two queens" room.

The slots were extremely tight. We have gambled all over the country, mostly in Vegas and Reno, and usually enjoy losing because we get a few "cherry's" from time to time to keep us going. Not the case at this casino.

The staff (except for the Cashiers Cage) was unfriendly. The food service people were slow and very unattentive. Room service took one hour, but the Casear Shrimp Salad was FANTASTIC, once it finally arrived.

Three days of disappointment. Will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 23, 2008

First off the Lobby and Casino Floor is very nice, you feel like your stepping into a nice luxurious hotel. Hotel Check-in was quick and friendly. This nice theme follows with the elevator and the hallways but then stepping into the room is like a time machine, Its like staying at a suite in Vegas in 1993. The TV is some old box tv that is dated from 1995{I checked the back} and has a crappy picture, The furniture in it looks like something your grandma would have had some plastic covers on it the 80's.....The bathroom is actually nice with a large garden bathtub and designer toiletries but the weird small white tv in the bathroom just sticks out and looks weird. Now the bed is very comfortable and sheets/bedspread look new and updated and there is a crappy but more updated tv that you view from the bed. All in All if your looking to gamble and crash this is a fine hotel, everything is clean and friendly I just feel that with the amount of money they pull in they should start updating floor by floor. They don't need much, new couches and a flat panel in the sitting area and revamp the carpet, seriously.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank selrahc1967
Reviewed May 23, 2008

This is by far one of the greatest hotels I've stayed at. I go to Vegas, Shreveport, and Tunica regularly and the Horseshoe never disappoints. As far as smoking vs. non-smoking rooms, if you get a non-smoking room and it still smells like smoke (this IS a casino people, so you have to expect some sort of smoke-smell) just call housekeeping and they'll come up and do an ionization treatment (I think that's what it's called, just tell them you need your room treated for the smoke smell) and they'll come up and do it (you can't be in the room, however). It really helps. The bathrooms are great, always clean, and the beds are really comfortable and clean. Everyone is always friendly. Eat at Binion's, ask for Kevin, you'll get GREAT food and service. I do recommend the 26th floor :)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2008

The Horseshoe is fairly regarded as the best casino property to stay at. It looks swanky. The design and overall size of guest rooms are exactly the same as Sams Town but the beds are better. Our room, however, needed far more attention from the maid staff. The room hadn't been dusted in some time. Mold was starting to grow in the shower. Light bulbs were out and they were stingy with the soap. Restaurant menus had limited choices and the steakhouse was Outback quality at a Ruth's Chris price. Go eat at the Louisiana Boardwalk next door. The CMT Bar is a nice addition. The casino is spacious and our luck was mixed. Self parking is easy. To me, the weekend rates are unreasonable but the weekday rates are more in line with what we got.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
#1 of 38 in Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City

Been to Horseshoe Bossier City? Share your experiences!