“Great place; great rates!”

Horseshoe Bossier City
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Met some family for a few days of R&R. The room was extremely nice and comfortable. Had a great view from the 19th floor.
Food was very good and service was second-to-none.
Convenient to the Boardwalk.

• Stayed: July 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (5,585)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Horseshoe many times before our latest trip. This trip was by far the worst. We got a room deal offering lower prices to stay overnight and thought a quick little get-a-way sounded perfect.

Pros: We only paid 45 dollars for the room.

Cons: Room smelled like a nursing home, had stains on the mattress, sheets wouldn't stay on mattress, hair in the jacuzzi tub, no hair conditioner, room service hamburger was hard as a rock and WAY overpriced for no flavor, channel changer was DISQUSTING and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in months, and we were scared to sit on the couch because it looked so dirty.

If we would have paid full price for the room, I would have pitched a bigger fit. Just goes to show you that you get what you pay for. I would pick elsewhere to stay.

3  Thank Elisabeth P
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The front desk told us they were recently remodeled. The rooms were sub-standard in my opinion. I was expecting soooo much more. The rooms are usually very expensive and the Best Western was much cleaner and much nicer. Our room was not clean to my standards. There was hair still in the jacuzzi tub. The Tv placard had something visible on it and was sticky. The light switch near the bed had something that looked very very very questionable on it. I hope they can improve their amenities and hire better staff to take care of their rooms.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice, but getting over $240 a night is very pricey for what we got. The hotel is listed as an "all-suite" hotel, so apparently I don't know what a suite is. The rooms and bathrooms are larger than your typical hotel room, but I don't equate larger to be a suite. We were also disappointed that hotel personnel told us when we booked the room directly with Horseshoe that they would accomodate us with a roll-out bed in both rooms. When we checked-in, they told us it was not allowed.

Can a "luxury" hotel in the south not have a pool? Apparently yes. We were there for a guy's weekend and wanted to smoke a cigar at the pool after our "big winnings" at the tables, but instead, we had to smoke our stogies in front of slot machines - probably a sad sight. I understand a casino-hotel wanting us to spend all of our free time in the casino, but even the depressing Diamond Jacks just across I20 has a pool. Chandaliers at check-in are nice, but I'd rather they have spent the money building a pool area and keeping us at the hotel.

Some guys had burgers at the burger bar and said they were very good.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side give you a "better" view because you get to see the Red River rather th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AandG1
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I travel all the time and I stay at a lot of hotels. Not only did I rent a newly renovated suite on the 25th floor (non-smoking) for $70; I experienced the absolute friendliest staff on the planet. From the registration desk to the floor security at the casino; these people truly seemed thrilled to be at work. The room service personnel was so friendly I had trouble getting her out of the room! When you travel as much as I do and spend a lot of time alone I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have pleasant interaction with hotel, rental car, and airport personnel! Sometimes it is your only non-work conversation for the day that doesn't involve a phone! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 25th floor is non-smoking and newly renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wendie W
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Horseshoe August 6-9. Had a N/S Luxury King room on the 25th floor. This room has been updated and slightly larger than the suites below. It has a huge shower, but no bathtub. Their is a partial wall between the living room area and bed. The room was very nice. Kind of missed the tub to soak in, though.

1  Thank Morris H
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Needing a mobility accessible room in order for my husband to travel, I made an online reservation through their website (not a third party). I also called immediately to confirm that we would have a nonsmoking room with a roll-in shower, as required by my husband. It was secured with my credit card. Upon arrival at 4 in the afternoon, I was told they did not have that room available, but we could have a smoking room or one without the accessible shower. HOW do you not hold a room for someone with special needs? Especially since if we had not shown up they would have charged our credit card anyway! Our travel plans were carefully made to accommodate our needs. I made many phone calls, not relying on online booking alone to secure our rooms. THIS is CAESARS Entertainment standard policy! So our disabled vets, among others, do not have the room they reserve unless they get there first? Then it is just a matter of luck? We will NEVER spend another penny at a Caesar's Entertainment partner. The sad part is that they actually have many kind and wonderful employees who cannot alter the company policy, and who tried to make our visit a bit easier. And seriously, $10 for WiFi? After the assortment of hotels we visited for the preceding week of our trip, this was a real downer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 38 in Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk

Been to Horseshoe Bossier City? Share your experiences!