Horseshoe Bossier City
$95
Quality Inn & Suites(Bossier City)
$94
TownePlace Suites
$149
ComfortSuites
5,898 results
All reviewsburger barfour windsresort feeget awaygreat casinoslot machinestable gamesgreat experiencecasino floorgreat roomnon smokingred riverfunbuffetemployeessteakhousedealers
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm amazed at what the public expects when paying a highly discounted room rate for a hotel like this. If you want to pay Best Western prices and get classy Vegas ambiance, you are beyond hopeless. With that perspective, I can realistically comment that the nice-sized room and huge bathroom were shabbier than a year ago. Mattress is heaven. Slots were much tighter than a year ago; I left with more than I brought, but had to really WORK at it. But my 80 year old mother played for an hour on $5 with minimal line bets and had a great time on some of the older machines. Drinks generously served. Help was genuinely friendly and kind. $100 deposit on room unexpected. Food at airport prices. No pool or hot tub. Ask for a river view room - it's lovely, even in winter.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room - it's beautiful even on a dreary January night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I travel quite a bit each year and I can say this is one of the worst I've stayed at. Similar to the review below me, I booked my room about a week in advance and wasn't aware that it was going to be a smoking room. The room was filthy, with the exception of the bed. Cigarette burns in the couch, dirt along the bottom of the couch from people's shoes, and a smoking stench in the room that was really bad. I've settled for smoking rooms before but this was nothing near clean. To top off my stay, the shower didn't work in the morning. Don't let the "wow" factor (if you call it that) of the lobby fool you- stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here December 2012. Just needed a 1 night stay. Booked my room at the companies website. Got a great deal for $39.00 during the wk. Room was huge. Everything was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Ordered room service. 20 min. after I ordered I received a call; didn't have available what I ordered. Had to order something else, no big deal. When I got the bill it had been discounted for my inconvenience. Wow I didn't expect that. Over all a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at The Horseshoe with my husband for a special night out. We usually stay across the river but decided to try something new this time. Usually we are unable to book a room becuase they are either sold out or the rates are too high, able to get a room booked with no problems that was cheaper then most other casinoes in the area. The staff at check in was super nice and helpful, the hotel was clean. I would say the rooms are a bit dated. Old box style tv's in the living area, across from bed and in the bathroom. Also I would have expected a seperate shower like other casino hotel we have stayed at. SO I would say 4 stars for staff and services and 3 stars for room. Ate at Jack Binions and it was great! Not big gamblers but we did walk around the casino, we are not smokers so did not take us long to head back to room and watch some old tube style tv!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is an okay hotel, but there are two major problems I had while visiting there.

1) Smoking. Both visits, I reserved non-smoking rooms. Both visits, I ended up in smoking rooms. The entire floor reeked. It seems that more of the hotel is smoking than non-smoking, and as a non-smoker, it was almost unbearable.

2) 8 oz restaurant. AVOID THIS PLACE. The staff is just kind of rude. I visited three times and sat at the bar each time. The first time, the cute, but completely uninterested bartender spent the entire time texting. Anyone who wanted anything, and there were many of us at the bar, had to shout to get her attention. The next time, I ordered a vodka tonic and was asked if I wanted a special vodka. I told her no. This meant, she picked the most expensive vodka they had to pour my drink, without telling me. The third time, I wanted to use my reward points - something I had done before with no issue for both food and alcohol. After she rang it up, she told me that I had to pay cash/credit for the drinks as "her manager" said they would not cover alcohol. I asked to talk to the manager, but she was "unavailable." I paid cash for the drinks, but was still charged in reward points for the entire amount - which included alcohol. I suspect the cash was kept by the bartender.

I went three times to a place I was unimpressed with on the first visit - shame on me. However, the deceptive/immature staff clearly is being trained to rip people off. Additionally, the food is just so-so.

Don't worry about drinking too much in the casino. Although the waitresses are very nice, they are severely under-staffed, so you will only see one about once every 90 minutes.

The rooms, which as I mentioned, were all smoking - so they were in pretty poor condition with burn marks in the carpets, linens and the couch. Yuck.

This is not the worst casino/hotel in Shreveport/Bossier City, but there are better ones.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends