Horseshoe Bossier City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Boomtown Hotel Casino(Bossier City)
Quality Inn(Bossier City)
  • Pool
5,782 results
All reviewsburger barfour windsresort feeget awaygreat casinoslot machinestable gamesgreat experiencecasino floorgreat roomnon smokingred riverfunbuffetemployeessteakhousedealers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I are non-smokers and I have asthma... therefore I am super sensitive to smells and irritants. We had reserved a non-smoking room, but when we got in they tried to put us in a smoking room. It was just ok in terms of "modern-ness", nothing great but it reeked of cigarette smoke. It seemed dirty and dingy. I told my husband that they needed to give us a non-smoking room or we would have to go somewhere else. Well he asked for a premium upgrade. It was super nice. The "premium" room was comparable to most Hiltons that I've stayed in, clean and not any scent at all of cigarette smoke. It was a good size and we both slept really well. I don't normally sleep very good in hotels, so that was surprising, the beds were nice and firm, just the right amount for me, we could get the room temperature cool enough to a comfortable level and the linens were good. Housekeeping was very good, at least on that floor (23). There were some weird smelling solvents in the hallways though.

I checked out the fitness center which costs $10 if you want to use it. It was really small, only a couple of cardio options and a few hand weights was all. Definitely not worth paying $10. There is a running trail nearby the river on the Shreveport side if you want to get in some exercise. They do not have a pool or hot tub.

We enjoyed our stay overall. We were there early during the week and there were hardly any other guests. As soon as people started showing up (after work and later in the week), there was more smoke in the gaming rooms and it was too unbearable for me. I spent alot of time at the mall next door and in the room to escape the smoke. We have visited some of the other casinos in town and this was the least smoky of them in my opinion.

I also wanted to also mention the staff here is super friendly. My husband had lost his cell phone in the gaming room, and it was found by security. They were super helpful in retrieving it.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, get a non-smoking premium or luxury room.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

While traveling from Colorado to New Orleans, we booked 2 rooms the day before arriving mid-week. What a great surprise! Every staff member we met was pleasant, helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be doing their job. The rooms were large with a "classic casino" charm, mirrored wall, sitting area and spa tub. The rooms, linens and tubs were clean. Never slept so well away from home, best pillows ever.
The casino offered all typical Vegas games. We enjoyed ourselves so much that the next time we want to gamble, we will make another visit to Louisiana instead of Vegas. The Horseshoe folks know how to treat guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Went to Vegas. Racked up tons of points to maintain our Diamond status. Came back to bossier city Horseshoe, all points "disappeared". Nothing they can do about it. Bumped us to platinum which is a downgrade. Gave us an old room that was dirty to boot!!! Hair on bathroom floor,toilet and in bathtub. Room stunk. Microwave gone. Tiny TV. SUCKED!!! Looking for new casino to spend our money in and build our points. All bad since new management. Don't waste your $$.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Pamelaf41
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Reserved a King Deluxe suite for a two night mid-week getaway. Room was as advertised; comfortable King bed, sectional couch and chair and dining table w/chairs in sitting area, large jacuzzi tub/shower in bathroom. Plenty of room and clean. There was a strange odor upon entering the suite, but we determined it was a chlorine smell which we appreciated since we know how hard it is to keep a jacuzzi tub clean internally and it showed housekeeping's attention to detail. They have kept up with common area upgrades indicated by the new carpet in the hallway on our floor (the 15th), but the glaring reminder of the aging of this venue were the analog television sets (3) in the room and the very limited channels available. Obviously, they want you in the casino, not in your room watching TV! Otherwise a very positive lodging experience.

Room Tip: Upper floors have sweeping views, curtains block out light well, so no real need to stay away from promotional parts of building such as over main entrance which may have up-lighting.
1  Thank Gtwnret
Reviewed December 6, 2012

"It stinks in here!" was the first comment out of my boyfriends mouth when we arrived in our room. I had to agree, it wasn't just normal hotel smell either. Every surface in the room had this nauseating, metallic mixed with lemon pledge-ish smell. Later we had to call and have maintenance come up and fix the air conditioner because after 2 hours it was still unbelievably hot in the room. The maintenance guy tried giving my BF the run around saying that was going to be as cold as the AC got, after some persuading from my BF we finally got him to take off the access panel and fix it. The guy acted like we were trying to pull his teeth or something. Then, after my shower I reached for one of the towels they have on the rack above the bathtub, and it was dirty. Not stained... Dirty. Thankfully we'd brought a few of our own for a just-in-case situation.
The sheets on the bed were also the wrong size and kept popping off while we were trying to sleep.
The TV in front of the bed didn't want to work half the time and the front desk wanted to send maintenance up while we were trying to go to bed.
Finally, when we were packing up to leave, something of my BF's rolled under the couch. When he moved the couch to see where it had gone we found a ton of cigarette butts that had obviously been there for some time.
Plus, you have to pay 11.95 per device, per day for SLOW wifi. I'm not kidding when I say dial-up has better speeds.
No hot tub or pool.
House keeping staff was totally unhelpful.
I will not be staying there again.

1  Thank Tabberz