“Will Never Go Back”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Will Never Go Back”
Reviewed February 10, 2008

There are no non-smoking rooms. We had a suite and tried four different ones to see which one smelled the best. They all smelled terrible. The sofa was so dirty I would not even sit on it. cleaning service would show up at 6:00pm after we where gone all day from 10:30a.m.. Not worth your money!!! Will not go back. A friend stayed at the new Hilton which was a lot cleaner and has non-smoking rooms!

• Liked — big bathroom-but they never give an extra roll of toliet paper
  • Disliked — The rooms Smelled horrible & dirty!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
arlington, tx
Reviewed November 22, 2007

I booked this for one night for $70 ($79 w/ tax) directly through the website and was very impressed with the interior and even the large room hallways, which made you feel like you were in posh surroundings. There is a security guy who checked my key before I entered one of the many fast elevators which led me to a huge room w/ flat screen tv and refrigerator, extra large bathroom with tv/deep soaking tub. The colors and general decor are very upscale. I had a view of downtown shreveport and the red river from the 23rd floor which was all lights and fantastic at night. The beds (which have eyeball lights above them) and the sofa were very comfortable. There is 24 hour room service and a 24 hour cafe downstairs along with other restaurants and a small shopping arcade, and of course the casino which I didn't have time to use. I wish wireless internet was free, but it was not.....and there was no business center. All in all if you can get it at this price, especially without being a club member, it's a steal!

• Liked — the rooms, soaking tub
  • Disliked — no free wireless
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank hoteljunkie25
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My partner and I stopped at the Horseshoe in Bossier City on our way to New Orleans, and I am glad we did. This hotel and casino is wonderful. This is probably one of the nicesest hotel room that I have stayed in.

We had a jacuzzi suite on the 8th floor. The bathroom had a small tv in it and it was nice to sit in the jacuzzi and watch the tube.

The bed was super soft and I wish I could have taken it home.
The casino was really nice and have several levels of good gaming. There is something for everyone here.

If you are a platinum or diamond member, go on-line and you will probably get a free room.

If we are in the area again, we will definently stay here again.

• Liked — The rooms were wonderful, as big as a house.
  • Disliked — Having the casino on a barge.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danny F
Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2007

We were on our way through town when we decided to stay overnight at the Horseshoe, and we were really wowed by the place. The staff was very friendly and helpful, in spite of the fact that it was very late when we checked in. The room itself was amazing. Very spacious, clean, and well appointed. There was even a TV in the bathroom! We wouldnt hesitate to stay here again, and we will recommend the Horseshoe to friends!

• Liked — The room had a really nice view
  • Disliked — We were only there for one night...wish we'd stayed longer!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ICURYY4ME
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I was afraid (after some rather serious let downs in the past year) that this hotel would have gone downhill! NOT! STILL EXCELLENT! My Mom and I left Dad, the dog and the 2 brats (ages 19 and 20 something) at home. We had a great time shopping, eating, gambling, eating, shopping, gambling and more gambling. The room was soooooooooo nice even after all this time. The customer service was exceptional from management to maid service. I cannot wait to get back there! Even my Mom, who is VERY hard to please, was quite happy. We won a little and lost a lot but we had an awesome time!

• Liked — The cleanliness!
  • Disliked — The view.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank TheBuick
Buda, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We spent the weekend a the hotel for a gambling getaway. We're Harrah's platinum members, so the room was complimentary.

1- the room was HUGE. very comfortable bed, jacuzzi tub/shower combo, marble bathroom with a small tv. We had a refrigerator and coffeemaker and 2 tv's in the bedroom. There was a very comfortable sectional sofa. This hotel is very nice, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is by far the nicest place in the Shreveport/Bossier City area.

2--I used the workout room in the spa. Very nice. One negative--there is not a pool. A property this nice should have a pool. I never found one, so I assume it wasn't there.

3--We ate at the cafe and the buffet. I give the buffet a C and the cafe a B. We tried to eat at the steakhouse, and it was booked solid. Make reservation before you go. We ate at 1800 prime at the Boomtown Casino and the food was excellent, with a great wine list. I give that meal an A.

4--The casinos in LA are required to be on boats. Very smoky and CROWDED on the weekend. Hard to find a slot machine. I'm spoiled from the really nice casinos in Vegas. there's not much to do besides gamble.

5--next to the Horseshoe, the is a shopping area called the Louisiana Boardwalk. Very nice with restaurants and outlet shopping. I enjoyed that, it was a nice break from the casino.

I would highly recommend this hotel, a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sherrikt
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2007

Hotel looked fantastic and the room was huge, unfortunatley, everyone from the valet to the front desk staff was aloof and uncaring. The room was dirty with blood stains on the bathroom wall and hair everywhere. The restaurant staff at breakfast were freindly and efficient. I was annoyed that after valeting my car at the front door, I had to walk out to the parking garage to retrieve it. this is probably the nicest looking hotel in Shreveport-Bossier, but the service is below that of cheaper hotels.

Stayed April 2007
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City

Been to Horseshoe Bossier City? Share your experiences!