Horseshoe Bossier City
$95
$91
$116
Quality Inn & Suites(Bossier City)
$94
TownePlace Suites
$67
SpringHill Suites
5,898 results
All reviewsburger barfour windsresort feeget awaygreat casinoslot machinestable gamesgreat experiencecasino floorgreat roomnon smokingred riverfunbuffetemployeessteakhousedealers
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The hotel staff is very friendly, and the location is good for Shreveport-Bossier. The hiccup was the room - I reserved a non-smoking king size room and none were available when we checked in. There was a couple in front of me checking in with the same request and they were told the same thing. Funny, the hotel was not that full (we were there on a Monday, checked out on a Wednesday) so I think they reserve the non-smoking rooms in case their bigger gambling (high rewards) customers show up at the last minute. We were given a smoking handicap room and the request was a nonsmoking king size room. No bathtub which wasn't terrible but water went everywhere during a shower. No bed frame, mattress and box springs set directly on the floor as would be expected for a handicap room, but totally not what we were expecting. Overall the stay was okay - I would do it again. Price was right (less than $100.00 per night). However, I would call SEVERAL times prior to our arrival to be sure they had a nonsmoking room waiting for our arrival. Room was clean and bathroom well stocked, extra pillows were brought when requested. Slot machines were fun and the CMT bar had karaoke night which was fun to watch.

Room Tip: Call LOTS OF times before your arrival to BE SURE you get the room you requested!! Otherwise it will be smoking room with dubious furnishings!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stopped at the Horseshoe on our way home and it kind of ruined the whole trip which had been wonderful. I had asked for a non-smoking, high up room, away from the elevators and ice machines. What they gave us was a non-smoking room on the 15th floor which was fine but....it was 2 doors away from the elevators and right next to the housekeeping closet and ice machines. I was almost going to call and complain but when we were checking in the couple next to us were given keys to a smoking room. They reminded the agent that they asked for non-smoking and she apologized (which doesn't do much good does it?) and said that they try to fill the requests but sometimes they can't and there were no non-smoking rooms left.....on a Thursday night? Come on folks. If I didn't have bad allergies I would have traded with them but then I would be up all night. As it turned out our room was disappointing because the decor looked quite worn especially the fringe on the sofa, and worst of all, the bathroom sink didn't drain for 5 minutes...ick! This was a Premium Suite to boot. It was only for one night so when the noise from housekeeping closets started up before 8am I was ready to go. We did have a great Prime Rib dinner at Jack Binions Steakhouse. Be warned.....all the platters are big but our waiter split our salad for us. We didn't find out until after dinner that we could have shared the entree as well. 12 ounces of Prime Rib is a lot and that was the smallest cut. Fortunately we had a fridge in the room and a cooler bag which enabled us to take the leftovers home. It worked out perfectly. The wine was excellent and the portions very generous and the atmosphere is romantic which took the edge off. The casino hasn't changed much in many years. There was one new roulette game as you walk into the casino. It was half video and half real life. There was a staff member, Troy, who took our money and explained how it worked. I think the minimum was $2.50 and you get to choose what denomination you want to play on on your video screeen. I chose 50 cents and my husband selected quarters. The trick is to try and place your bets in less than 30 seconds. My husband wasn't quick enough a couple of times but hey, he ended up coming out ahead. The wheel is real and Troy would work it. Very interesting to say the least. I've played the full video roulette at other casinos but this was better. Shreveport needs to step up and clean up or it will lose a lot of tourists. We are looking for alternate places to stay instead of Shreveport.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have stayed many times at Horseshoe in Bossier and we love the mattresses. Most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. The room's are always clean. Toiletries have change over the years, but they are about the same, just a different brand. Recommend not having a room next to the housekeeping closet. The buffet is good. The folks that work behind the food counters are very friendly. Gaming - same as most everywhere else...win some, lose some. Maybe I have good old day syndrome, but we use to be able to go and play on a lot less. For diamond members - they ruined the diamond lounge when they closed the one on the third floor. I know that it was quite some time ago, but we loved the lounge. It had atmosphere back when Clay and Emerson worked there. I've been in the one on the main floor 2 times and just have no desire to go back in there. The Binion's Steakhouse is top notch. Great service. They make you feel special. Even low rollers like us. Overall, in comparison to the other Shreveport casinos, we prefer Horseshoe.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This visit did not go smoothly. We arrived a few days ago and had booked two non-smokng rooms. It was 5 PM and we were told no rooms but smoking were left. After telling the bellhop we would be leaving, he tried to get us in another room without success. One member of our group had Diamond status in the Total Rewards Program.That did the trick. Doors opened. Two king suites at our demand, non-smoking 15th floor, front views of the hotel. Sweet. Lots of slots, (pennies, nickels, quarters, dollars, five dollars, tens, and one hundred dollars), lots of table games, (dice, roulette, black jack, poker). Eateries: Jack Binions steakhouse ($$$), Chinese place, big buffet and a large Burger Bar to chose from. Stay out of the CMT bar. Drinks 9.00 but 5-6 dollars at Burger Bar. Valet parking is best. 2-3 dollar tips only since they do not want you to tip large amounts.
Big fountain in front. Rooms have worn carpet but decent furniture. Table in King suites. Sectional couch in suites. Does not make out as a bed. Two TVs. 25 inch and 32 inch. Marble floors to bathroom and shower. Tub is jet propelled and oversized.
Lots of towels. Toilet clean. No phone. Small TV on marble sink. Mirrrors in room and bathroom. Big closet. Can hold two sets of luggage easily. Dry cleaning services. Good maid services usually at noon. Lot of drawer space under TV cabinet. In room coffee maker is excellent. Cups included. Ironing board and iron. Not sure if they had free internet.
Beds comfy. Clean linen. No insects. Wallpaper very nice no wear or stains, Curtains clean and new.
Went to a promotional event. Gifts like a jacket and some casino cash this time to Total Rewards members. Food credits 100.00 so room food paid for.
Love the All American Breakfast plus a pitcher of OJ.
Room was free 3 days. Did not win much but liked the cleanliness. Diamond Club has a bar in it. Two entrees every time and free drinks plus chocolates,
nuts and candies. Diamond and Seven Stars members only. 3 floors of gambling. This was better than my last visit but I still did not win much. I am still unhappy that Starbucks is on Airline 5 miles away. Lots of taxis at the hotel to get there but no way do I want to add that to my cost for a cup of coffee. Gift shop is nice and you can use rewards points there. Suit and dress shops. Cigarettes in gift shop and bottled liquor. Cigars out front of Diamond Club. Total Rewards here is nice because they mail out some freebies about every 2-3 weeks to me. Vegas is not that aggressive. Enjoy !

Room Tip: ask for a king suite. nonsmoking. say you will leave if they do not give you a room that is decent. some are not so good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have been a frequent visitor to the Horseshoe for several years and I have never encountered as many problems as I did recently.
l. Of all things, I had an arguement with the Housekeeping Manager. The room was not cleaned of several dirty glasses/coffee mug. The Manager was sent (not at my request) and he reported that the cleaning staff do not remove glasses/mugs that contain liquids......There other items we argued about and finally I asked him to leave. He returned with clean items, but REALLY.

2. Room service food: The quality has definitely deteriorated. Chicken fried steak dinner was disgusting.

3. Steak House: Again, lousy service and steak quality is horrible.

I have always enjoyed the Horseshoe, but what is happening????

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends