Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My family and I stayed Wed.-Sat around Thanksgiving. The customer service was beyond my expectations. We were greeted by a warm and friendly staff. We received a complimentary beverage upon arrival.

Later that night, I called down for the nearest location to retrieve a newspaper so that I could check out Black Friday deals. Mike was gracious enough to go out to the nearest store and pick up a copy for me. I was over the moon! I was so grateful to not have to go out early in the morning to grab a paper.

Our room was perfect. We were on the first floor. Right outside our patio door was a fire pit. We bought the materials to make Smores. The kids had a great time! It made the holiday weekend special.

The accommodations were great, the staff friendly, the rooms well decorated and appointed. We would definitely stay there again!

Mike and the close proximity to the fire pit were the highlights of our weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 151. It is close to the fire pit. No one else came to it while we were there, so...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lele103

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice, primarily because of its location. It's situated on the Louisiana boardwalk outlet mall, which offers plenty of shopping and restaurants in walking distance from the hotel. As for the hotel itself, it's a pretty typical Courtyard location. The rooms are clean and spacious, perfect for business travel. The Internet was dreadfully slow on this visit which would have been problematic if trying to work out of the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The location is the best thing about this hotel, right on the Boardwalk. Our room was at the end of the hotel, next to the railroad tracks... enough said! The room was nice & the staff friendly. Would we stay here again? No, it was too expensive & we didn't enjoy the trains.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I gave this hotel 5 stars and a great review in July (look at it), but with this 2nd visit I had a bit of an issue with making my reservations, (so they lose 2 stars).

I believe that the staff was not entirely honest when I made my reservation about 2-3 weeks before our arrival. I called and asked for them to quote me a price and they said $135 a night, nothing else. I said that was fine, lets book it. So I gave them all of my information and they said an email would be arriving shortly. Fortunately, I looked at it as soon as it arrived and what I realized was they gave me the ADVANCE PURCHASE RATE "without" informing me.
So I immediately called back (about 10 minutes after hanging up phone with them) and asked if this was correct with the Advance Purchase rate and why I wasn't informed.
(Advance Purchase Rate) - you pay a smaller price for the room, but doesn't allow cancelation after the day of making reservation.
Normal Price with Cancelation - $165
Advance Purchase - $135
I intended on staying here anyway, but I had a gift card I meant to use, so they didn't need to charge my credit card the next day. The staff, Reed, said that he was so sorry, that he just wanted to give me the best rate available, and he would talk to his manager about the gift card. They held my card until our arrival, took my gift card, and everything turned out fine.

Conclusion, they make reservations everyday. They know what the $135 rate means, so they need to tell the customer that this is the Advance Purchase Rate and not the normal rate ($165 with cancellation). They were trying to pull a bit of a fast one on me. My gift card would have been worthless if I had not called back immediately. Glad I looked at the email so soon, if I had waited the next day, they would have said sorry but too late.
For the amount I am paying, I expect better.
All I can say is Shame, Shame.

Room Tip: Look at your email conformation as soon as possible to make sure they are not trying to pull a fast...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Check in was very easy and we were well greeted. Hotel was very clean and the staff was professional. There is easy access to the board walk and convenient to other the local attractions. Walls were a little thin and we could hear people conversations in the hall. I would recommend this location and I plan on staying there again. Nice sitting area by the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We met some friends in Shreveport for a weekend and stayed at this hotel for two nights. This is a typical Courtyard. We had no problems while there. There isn't a lot in Shreveport, so while I'd say the area isn't great, I'd also note that is was the nicest area we witnessed while in Shreveport. It is near several casinos and an outdoor shopping area (quite hot while we were there). The hotel parking is somewhat limited, but we had no issues. The service was fine. Overall, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is clean and otherwise in good repair. The staff is friendly. One problem, although a gold Marriott member, I still was not comped with the usual complimentary breakfast or "gift" (usually water or a market item upon arrival). When asked they said the hotel is owned by an other company, and the manager doesn't do that. MMMMM isn't that a Marriott corporate decision and not the hotel manager decision?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 37 in Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!