“Location, Location, Location :) but a little pricey”

Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The best place to stay in Bossier/Shreveport because of location. My wife and I stayed here 2 nights. Located (literally) right next too the Louisiana Boardwalk (Excellent shopping and eating). Walking distance of the new Bossier City casino Margaritaville.
This is a very, very safe area of Bossier City if you stay between the Horseshoe Casino and the Margaritaville Casino (the Boardwalk and Hotel being right in the center). We walked the area at night and felt safe. Security is present.
The Hotel is very, very nice (clean grounds and plenty of parking). The staff was excellent. We didn't pass one Hotel employee without a "hello, how are you doing". Awesome.
There have been some complaints on here about trains. We stayed in a room on the railroad side of the Hotel and didn't hear one train, only until we stepped outside and I only heard it once then. But we did feel the room vibrate 3 times in the 3 days we stayed. Don't let this scare you, please. It was so brief and I had to ask my wife if she even felt it. It is a none factor. If it was a problem, I would be the first to complain.
We paid a little over $315 for both nights on weekdays (2 queen beds with big, very clean room, excellent bathroom, good cable with large flat screen tv, mini-fridge, comfortable beds with plenty of pillows, great A/C). Room excellent.
One complaint, no free breakfast in the morning. Hotel like this should offer one paying that price, but no worries. The Boardwalk has a IHOP in walking distance.
I went to the swimming pool once and swam. It was extremely nice and clean. Beautiful grounds, towels provided by pool, nice hot tub, and surrounded by Hotel 3 sides and fenced in.
This was an excellent stay. My family and I will be back.

Room Tip: Eat at Herbie K's while you are in Shreveport. Hole in the wall excellent. Avoid Joe's Crab...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bart4IV

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a very nice, relatively new property with friendly and helpful staff. The location is outstanding if you plan to spend your time on the boardwalk as we did. We were pleased to park our car at the hotel and walk to dinner and shopping. Our room, a double queen, was spacious and very comfortable. Other reviewers mentioned the train, so I'll share my experience. We were on the third floor train-side. Trains did pass through often and we did hear them rumbling by; however, we never heard a train whistle and our sleep wasn't affected at all by the trains. I would not hesitate to return to this lovely hotel, but I would probably ask to be on the other side of the building to ensure a good night's rest.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the railroad track.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary1675
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This Marriott is situated on the river, next to a train route, and is almost incorporated into a mall. Very odd but nice. The staff were all very pleasant and courteous. Our room was a typical Courtyard room. Being able to walk along the river is a nice option.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The one bedroom suite was very spacey. The bed was comfortable. Nice to be able to walk to the boardwalk for shopping and dining. The train next door is loud, but there is nothing you can do about the train. No amount of walls will muffle a train whistle. Overall great anniversary weekend here.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Please read and listen to the bad reviews bc they are right. The hotel is nice and clean, but once you attempt to fall asleep all ends. The railroad is next door and the walls are paper thin. I stayed two nights and what a pain I suffered. I called security about the noises upstairs (kids jumping and screaming at 3 am) and that was a joke. If you stay, request the top floor but you will need to get the room facing north (closer to the boardwalk). You would actually have a better night sleep at a "budget" or really bad hotel. They tried to compensate by switching rooms, but the noises continued. Please save your money and go somewhere else unless you love to lose sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Ascepti
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay on the Red River Boardwalk. The hotel was clean, comfortable and fairly new. The rooms were comfortable with good amenities. There were quite
a few good restaurants close by with a lot of good shopping on the boardwalk. Overall a very good weekend stay for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here on a Saturday night after gambling at the Horseshoe. With that, there's no doubt this may be the best non-casino hotel in shreve-Bo as you are walking distance to the Horseshoe and you are adjacent to the Louisiana Boardwalk, a shopping center with a few chain type restaurants like Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters. Location for convenience is what you are paying for.

Alas, you will probably be paying for rooms with thin ceilings and walls. We were on the 2nd floor and heard the creaking on the floor of us for quite a while as we were trying to go to sleep about 10:30. I don't know if the upstairs people were just about to head out because I heard the creaking again at 4:30 in the morning. Not that it mattered, but as I got out of the shower, I could very much hear the family in the next room over. Long story short, I'd highly advise bringing earplugs. - and this was just from people's normal movements.

Room Tip: 204 - thin walls and thin ceiling
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Shreveport
#1 of 38 in Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!