“"No thanks. Don't book rooms 102-120. Won't be back."”

Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Fort Worth, Texas
“"No thanks. Don't book rooms 102-120. Won't be back."”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Let me start by saying my husband is a Marriott kind of guy and has stayed in this chain of hotels for years when traveling on business. While on a two week business trip (with me along for the ride), he booked a room at the Courtyard/Louisiana Boardwalk. At first, I was pleasantly surprised to walk into a nicely appointed room that appeared clean. That lasted all of five minutes. After we'd completely unpacked, we found that our room backed up to the trolley, and we listened to the trolley go back and forth outside our window until I finally called the front desk to see when the trolley stopped running for the evening. I was told 8:00 P.M. Not so, it ran until 10:00 P.M. And if that wasn't bad enough, our room #104 was directly across the hall from the workout room, and the door didn't have a pneumatic closer on it. So every time someone went in or out, the door slammed. That's right, slammed into the night. Not to mention the freight train down the street. Actually, that was the least of our worries as the whistle only blew a few times. We ended up checking out much earlier than we'd planned and decided against staying the second night. When we checked out at the front desk, we told the clerk how disappointed we were with the noise situation. Her exact words were, "So when you come back, then, you want us to give you a different room?" Really? They think we're coming back? We didn't have many good Marriott experiences on this two-week trip, so I'm not sure we'll be staying with that chain again. At least I won't. So if you don't take heed from this, at least don't let management book you in rooms 102-120 at this particular hotel or you'll get the same thing we got as far as noise goes.

Room Tip: Stay away from any rooms on any floor that backs up to the trolley, and don't let them put you a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Laurie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New Orleans
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel 4 times so far this year for business purposes.
My comments:
rooms: very clean, no bad smells, pretty new construction.
Hotel lobby: very eye catching and attractive, really makes you feel like staying down there....to work or socialize. They have a small bar-rest that is very convenient.
nearby: the boardwalk is a very nice shopping area, very good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Crossett
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This Courtyard is conveniently located by the Boardwalk---a great shopping area in Bossier city. There are great restaurants as well. Bathe staff is helpful and parking is convenient and free. Better make reservations! This property stays busy

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2013

It was a good experience from the beginning- plenty of parking and a pleasant greeting from the desk staff. My husband won 500extra points for our Rewards card on a Spin and Win at the desk! The room was clean and comfortable, but best of all was the balcony. I love fresh air, do to be able to stand outside and enjoy the view was a sweet detail. The custodial staff was also friendly. This would be my pick next time I go through Shreveport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Maynard, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This Courtyard is by far the best that I have stayed at. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. 24 hour Starbucks, new Bistro inside the hotel, location is second to none in the area. Close to many restaurants, casino's, and shops. Price was better than most in the area. Highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over-looking the river front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The motel smelled damp or moldy. In an attempt to cover up the smell, the staff sprayed perfume in the rooms. The smell was overwhelming! I had to run the ac and fan all night in addition to covering up my face in order to sleeep.

The restroom floor was also dirty. So dirty in fact that the floor towel had dirt stains on it after I got out of the shower.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

If you'd rather choose something other than one of the big casinos, the Courtyard is an option. It's completely updated, rooms are nice, right on the river, and comfortable! The train nearly on-top of the hotel, but it didn't bother me. It's busy and the staff wasn't as friendly as I'm used to, but I understand. The parking lot is small and it was tough to find a spot to park. But overall - a good choice...

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#2 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!