“Great if I could have parked there.”

Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Plano, Texas, United States
“Great if I could have parked there.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have never given a poor review for any place I've stayed. I've never typed a review period. The train didn't bother me, I dealt with no room service nor a place to get anything to eat except morning and evening unless you leave the hotel. I attended a high school reunion and had to stay out until 10:30 - 11pm and when I returned their were NO PARKING PLACES! I could have parked in a parking garage a quarter mile away and walked back in the dark in high heels. I would have paid someone to let me have their space. They make sure you have a pass if you're at the hotel because people will try to park there because of the Boardwalk but it didn't matter. They told me Friday night had extra occupancy with people doubled up in rooms that all had cars. It didn't matter because Saturday night it was the same. I drove around for 30 minutes and got the 2nd to the furthest space in the dark in a place I didn't want to even leave my car next to the train tracks. I'm not easily scared but I was seriously concerned for my safety. They should at least provide a valet to take the cars to the parking garage because it's huge. I will never go back. It doesn't matter how nice the rooms are if you can't park close enough to get to them.

Room Tip: There's no tip other than to arrange for a car to take you there and pick you up.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Yvonne M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I won't read the other reviews but let me say having a train go back and forth outside your room all night was not fantastic. I was here for 2 days and it was a relief to go to the casino and not listen to that loud noise of trains going back and forth. The train sits on an elevated track outside with a parking lot and the Marriott next door. The sound is defening and goes on all night long. The room was at the back and a convenient exit to the Mall right there a few steps away. However, the room did not 'beat out' any other hotels I have been in. For a start, an armoire was the only place to put the clothes and it was tiny. Full sized iron and ironing board. No closet. Bathroom is tile and tiny sink area that is marble stone. 1.6 gallon flush toilet. Standard sized tub and a place to sit a the rear or put towels. Two safety rails. Two soap dishes in front of the tub. Lots of hot water. Clean linens. Two queen beds. TV was flat screen 46 inch satellite but not many channels. Remote was confusing. Table with pull out for desk functions. Egonomic chair. Coffee maker and small fridge below. No microwave. No free water or breakfast here. Pay for it or dine at the casino. Water is 2.25 a bottle. Yikes ! They give you a plastic cup and ice to beat the charge. Nice open air business center and a big dining area and restaurant next to it. Capets are clean. Nightly rates 169.00. Too pricey for what little they give you. BUT convenient to casinos and the Boardwalk. Check in and out was convenient. Large lobby. Sewer at back smelled outside the room. Just the price you pay I guess to be close to the action. Air conditioner was central air and worked well. Curtains clean. Extra chair to sit in. No valet service or maybe he was just too busy. No room service. Overall a 3 star.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms near the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jthutmd
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

While most all of the good things that have been mentioned in other reviews are true, and I fully enjoyed all of the benefits this hotel has to offer, I find myself conflicted about my recent stay at the Courtyard.
Located on the property of the Louisiana Boardwalk, the Courtyard allows easy access to restaurants, shopping and a movie theater. At check-in, I was offered a map of the Boardwalk area as well as a booklet of discounts available at various stores and restaurants. The hotel has a modern and airy style that extends from the lobby to the hallways to the guestrooms. My room, a standard King room, faced the beautiful pool area and was exceptionally clean. There was a well-equipped fitness room and a self-serve laundry facility. Two computer stations and a printer are available in the lobby area, and free Wi-Fi was available (and reasonably dependable) throughout the hotel.
There were some minor shortcomings to my stay, however. There seems to be very limited parking, and the main parking area has been distanced from the hotel entrance by a landscaped area around which one must walk to get to the entrance. The front desk area was particularly noisy when I checked in. It is located just steps inside the front entrance, and the automatic door screeched every time it opened (nothing some WD-40 couldn’t resolve!). On entering my room, I discovered the entryway lighting, which in this particular room includes two or three separate lights, did not work (burned out and/or non-functioning lighting is a big pet-peeve of mine). Ironically, at night I realized that there is an unusual amount of miscellaneous lighting that prevents the room from being fully dark: light from the hallway comes in all around the doorframe (not just at the base); lights from the DIRECTV box attached to the back of the television; flashing light on the smoke detector; and finally, what has to be the brightest alarm clock I’ve ever seen – I tried to cover it with a towel to douse the light, but eventually I just unplugged it, as I use my cell phone for my alarm anyway.
But ultimately for me, it comes down to price. In my online search for hotels for my trip, this property had a higher starting rate than almost any other hotel in the Shreveport/Bossier City area (even with a AAA discount). While I enjoyed being able to walk out of the door of the hotel and do some shopping or find a restaurant or even catch a movie, none of that was quite enough to justify the higher rate, at least for me. The Courtyard truly is a nice hotel, but I visit Shreveport/Bossier City several times a year and have stayed at other hotels in the area which are equally as nice, just not located at the Louisiana Boardwalk.

Room Tip: While I never noticed any noise from the train tracks located adjacent to the hotel, you might want...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jdbhouston
Central Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the perfect location to stay if you have several people in your group who don't want to stick together the whole time. Right next door, the Louisiana Boardwalk has something for everyone; fantastic shopping, movie theatre, restaurants for any taste, and even a spa. The Horseshoe casino is within easy walking distance. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are comfortable.
Our rooms were not ready by 3pm check-in, so they upgraded one of the rooms to a suite so we could get checked in. They are very customer-friendly and it's obvious they want to please.
The only minor issues we had were loud kids running up and down the halls, noise from the pool, and a too-busy front desk. We actually thought someone was knocking on our door (this happend both days we were there) but when we opened it we realized it was kids running down the hall on the floor above ours. Our room windows faced the pool and there was quite a bit of noise from there, too.

I would definately stay there again, and just ask for a quite room away from the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room facing the river on the side away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank StPaddy57
Lompoc, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a nice stay. The rooms were in great shape and clean. The pool area was also very nice. I had to air dry off and go into the lobby and have them bring more pool towels out since there were no more left. The only area that could have used improvement was the front desk. Every time I went by the front desk they had only one person there and they were on the phone helping somebody else. At check in I had to wait approximately 10 minutes for it to be my turn due to the 2 or 3 phone calls. I had to wait for a couple more phone calls when trying to get more towels. I was going to change the credit card during check-out but gave up, once again due to the phone calls at the front desk and only one person doing the desk and the phone. No free breakfast or free drinks in the evening but it is in a really nice area. We shopped in the outdoor mall, watched a movie in the big theatre and had a nice snack afterwards in one of the restaurants; all were right near the hotel and very convenient.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We are normally intercontinental brand, and every now and then use Marriott. This hotel is very nice, with plenty of room to spread out. We had a two queen river view room and it was excellent. Lobby area is very modern as well. The only thing that was a let down is being charged for an extra adult- extra as in husband and wife. I'm not sure why this is as it was my husband and I with our two small children passing through on 20.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My best friend and I met for a catch up weekend in Shreveport at the Courtyard Marriott. I must say perfect location. This hotel is a 15 out of 10 in my book. Perfect....perfect....perfect!!! We had shopping w/in walking distance. A movie theater available for us after we shopped until we dropped. A beautiful river flowing in front of the hotel to set back, look at and relax. Plus, loads of food places to eat at during our stay including having a wonderful breakfast for a great price at the hotel. The rooms are immaculate, spacious, and beautifully decorated. My friend helped me prepare for this work project and we were able to meet downstairs in the lobby in an area perfect for preparing projects(large table, privately located, TV available with great lighting and a view. I will recommend this hotel to everyone. We were able to get it for a great price! If you are ever in Shreveport please stay at the Courtyard Boardwalk. This location and price is worth it! Oh, they have free wi-fi!!!

Room Tip: We chose a room not facing the river and got a great price b/c we didn't come to stay in the roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#1 of 37 in Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!