“Terrible 2 Johns”
Review of 2 Johns

2 Johns
Reserve with OpenTable
2 Johns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 236 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Railroad Tracks
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Terrible 2 Johns”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

What a terrible place to go to. I went with my mother, father and husband for an early fathers day saturday 6/18/2011 and I have to tell you if I had and choice between 2 Johns and taco bell, taco bell would be it. The look of the place is nice but thats it. If you go with anything other than a party of 2 or less be prepared to have no room at the table. We had to constantly request things be moved from our table just to communicate or pass the bread. The menu is small. During order placing I specifically requested the steak be burnt and well done. Though I know it is hard to get the perfect steak raw was far from my request. While my family ate their meals of extra small portions I waited for my steak to be thrown back on the fire. Round two left alot to be desired. Steak came back still raw. Since the rest of the family was finished eating. I requesting to remove the steak from my bill so we could pay and leave. The waiter said he would work on correcting the steak. For what ever reason he didn't understand the part about the check and leaving. I found another waiter and asked for a manager. The manager immediatly walked up and started to explain that the cook advised her that the steak was med well the second time which by the way is not WELL DONE. She then continued to advise that there is no way to tell if the steak is well done. I understand a desire to defend your staff when they are being threatened however her cook was not being threatened (is the lady really arguing with me in the resturant) I advised her that no matter what the cook advises her I simply want my check minus the steak so that I could pay my bill and leave her establishment she then advised me about measuring the temp of a steak. Okay that was it for me. Dude I just want my check so I can leave. I let her know how irrelevant that was. She walked off and in the process patted my shoulder. WOW.. was physical contact even necessary. My mother ordered the salmon the portion was so small and father ordered halibut the portion was small aswell. My husband ordered a steak and when I say that is all he got that is all he got. No veggie on the side or anything. Just a big white plate with a piece of steak for 41 dollars. We left there and went to eat at Olive garden. How sad that we spent 145 dollars @ 2Johns and the had to go pay more money to get full. What a waste. This is not fine dining. If you want real fine dining please please go to Ernest Orleans. What wonderful service we had there. Worth every penny. Great portions and great service.

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank Jaebenton

Bossier City, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC - CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Friends took us to their favorite new restaurant 2Johns. The decor is tasteful but the food is even better. We sat at a beautiful table with a remarkable view of the skyline. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. The owner stopped by to see how our food was. They had live music and also a gorgeous Chicago style bar. Exactly what Bossier needed - a fine dining restaurant all our own

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank HappyTrails40044
Radwell
“Good steak, great staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I enjoyed my steak at 2Johns. Temperature of the food could have been a touch hotter - the plates were cold. Good atmosphere and professional bar and table staff. On the more expensive side.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank NearRadwell
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Beware of added tip”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We were not told that a tip would be added for a party of 5. We did not notice this on our ticket until the next day. We had left a generous cash tip of $100. When we called the restaurant & explained, they refused to credit our acct so we ended up leaving a tip of $166 on a bill around $350. Our fault, but not very good customer relations. This was our first trip & we won't be back. Food & service was okay, but not worth that much...

2 Thank cwl50
Shreveport, LA
“Best food and Service in town!”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

My husband and I love this restaurant! We are working our way through the menu and we have not found a single dish yet that was not amazing. The service cannot be beat either. Stacy is amazing! Try a pineapple infused cosmo, they are fabulous.

Been to 2 Johns? Share your experiences!