Diamond Jack's - Bossier City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Bossier City)
Average 3/5
Boomtown Hotel Casino(Bossier City)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2008

We are a mature couple that is comfortable in a myriad of settings, but we left this property stating firmly that we will never visit it again. This is fueled more by the staff's lack of professionalism and courtesy (not to mention lack of friendliness) than the coating of dust on the silk flowers, plants and palm trees. Their disinterest and attitude mostly left one feeling they had interrupted or imposed upon the employees by simply requesting information, paying for services or even saying "hello" while passing in the halls. While this is always an individual choice on a person-by-person basis we feel this is a direct reflection of the management's focus and skills.

Our room was clean but in need of some minor repairs including cosmetic work and a nice, big jacuzzi tub with a broken stopper. When we checked in there was a room service container (used) left in the hallways by the guest across the hall. Nothing to note except the containers continued to collect and were openly ignored by staff that walked by and by room service (whom we were assured were supposed to pick them up at each visit to a room). All the containers that had been ordered during our stay were piled in the hallway when we checked out.

The layout it is a bit awkward with the food areas and casino being in one area and the hotel access through another.

The food was average and definitely overpriced. We recommend taking the time to visit one of this city's restaurants that are easily accessible from the property.

The fact that this property was once the Isle of Capris Casino is still obvious once you travel beyond the lobby areas and look past the signs. The clash of bright tropical colors with the new black/gold/red theme was unimpressive and we simply assume they have plans to update the rest of the property to be a more harmonious and comfortable presentation.

Will we go again? No. We aren't expecting to be treated like royalty and we realize the money made by casinos comes from their ancillary services, but the lack of quality in customer service, food and pricing leaves us feeling we were dealt a losing hand.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank TopazMonkey
Reviewed May 5, 2008

From start to finish - nightmare!
We arrived, checked in and they informed us that because we booked through Expedia, we would be stuck with a smoking room.
We had our toddler daughter with us so this was immediately unacceptable. They then proceeded to tell us there were no
non-smoking rooms available and they would spray sanitizer to help with the smell (which by the way made the smell worse).
We had to be at a wedding party within an hour so we had no choice but to stay and hope it wasn't too bad.
We go up to the room and immediately noticed it was very warm and humid in the room. We turned the AC on and left to go to the wedding party at another location.
When we returned, the room was still hot. It was 11:15 at night and we called the front desk... who said they would send maintenance up. 2 men came up to the room, talked about some "hot" 25 year old girl the whole time they were in the room... one of the men was in his sixties! They had no regard for my young daughter or myself while they wasted about 25 minutes in our room - only to say the compressor was broken. About an 1/2 hour later, now after midnight, we moved to another smoking room -
No one helped with our bags and we had a very sleepy 3 year old with us.
I forgot to mention the wood rot and mold all around the jacuzzi tub which added to the horrible musty smell of the room!

We we got home back to Dallas I realized, amidst the chaos, I had left a brand new blouse in the hanging closet in the first room.
We called and they have it, but they won't ship it.
I've tried talking to several people all of whom refer me to someone else. They have hung up on me twice -
and do not return my calls.
Do not stay at Diamond Jacks - you will have a better experience at Motel 6!!

• Stayed: May 2008
7  Thank mcindallas
Reviewed April 26, 2008

We were told check in was around 4pm - my husband and I arrived at 315pm and was told our room was ready. We arrived in our room and found it very nice and clean.

The desk clerk was very helpful as we are not from Bossier City and had a few questions - she was very friendly, loved the humor...

My husband and I stayed 4 days 3 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. We are mostly night people so we sleep in and are mainly up during the early hours - we were not disturbed in any way and every evening upon returning to our room - our room was cleaned and looking nice.

I had a little trouble with the maid service but that is only because I don't speak Spanish - I was able to go down to the desk clerk and get what I needed, more shampoo.

I really enjoyed this motel/casino and we are so looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SGoldstein
Reviewed April 21, 2008

arrived april 18, at 1:30p.m. the front desk clerk stated the rooms was dirty give them 15 to 20 mins, after 30 mins same thing. didn't get checked in until 3:30 p.m. room smelled of smoke, sheets was badly worn. it looked as if it had been slept in. employees was courteous. buffet was great. Did not meet expectation.

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank teenieweenie58
Reviewed April 13, 2008

This hotel is OK. Its an overstatement to call it a resort. Its like an above average Hampton Inn with a Jacuzzi tub. The place is clean and comfortable. The casino is small, but it has a good mix of table games and slots. We had a good time and we'd probably go back again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple