“Won't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas
“Won't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The rooms definitely need updating. Aside from updating issues, there were more serious issues. The shower barely dribbled water to take a shower. I picked up the phone to call the Front Desk, but the phone doesn't work--nothing, completely dead. The make-up mirror was wobbly and wouldn't stay in place so it was no good. When we were checking out, i told the lady about the inoperable phone, dribbly shower head, and broken make-up mirror. She said "DId you try to call us to let us know?" I said "How can I call if the phone doesn't work?" Add to the list the staff is not very helpful. Also the pillows were like air. I tossed and turned all night as I couldn't get any support from the pillow. Not a good visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have stayed here several times and never have prolbems. Our room was clean and the service we received from staff was better than before. The rooms are dated and have old style tv's but how much time are you really in the room. Loved the buffet, now mind you its not vegas but very good for the price. Cant beat the jacuzzi tubs which is why we always stay here. There may be a little mold here and there in the corners but all hotels have that. We were looking for a good weekend get away without the price tag of vegas and thats what we got. If your looking for 5 stars and are picky about every little thing this isn't your hotel. If the minor details don't bother you its a great place to stay. We always have a great time here and will come back.

Room Tip: King rooms have in room jacuzzi and queen have a jetted tub in restroom.
1 Thank mnd85871
Sarah P, Director of Hotel Operations at DiamondJacks Casino and Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Gladewater, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Terrible! Horrible! Nasty! Filthy! This hotel needs a lot more than an update. Both the building and the staff need to be replaced. It had burn holes in the carpet as well as on every flat service, there was mold in the shower and behind the toilet. The fire sprinkler was leaking so that the wall most likely stays wet all of the time. The decor was awful! The curtains were a tropical print from when the hotel was "Isle of Capri" with all the bright colors of the tropics but the bedding was white with a brown striped accent pillow. The mirror on the wall was framed in wicker that had been painted bright green. The only positive was the spa tub but I was afraid to use it because of the filthy condition of the room.

1 Thank Denise A
Sarah P, Director of Hotel Operations at DiamondJacks Casino and Resort, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience on your recent visit, I would like to apologize on behalf of the DiamondJacks team.

I would love the opportunity to personally inspect the room that you stayed in. In doing this I will be able to review it with Housekeeping to ensure these issues do not happen in the future. In order for me to fully investigate your comments could you please contact me directly at your earliest convenience?

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nice large bath tub with mirrors all around maybe for a nice trip however pillows were small, bed was hard, wish the TV's were updated to hdtv but who spends time in there room right?

Also the AC did not seem to cool down the room much and this was in April

Seafood buffet was wonderful

1 Thank john398
Sarah P, Director of Hotel Operations at DiamondJacks Casino and Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the issues you mentioned in the room. I am very sorry that you had a bed and pillows that were not comfortable and that you had issues with the air conditioning. I would love the opportunity to remedy the issues in this room to ensure future guests do not have the same issues you experienced.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have always enjoyed this casino and hotel. But it is sorely lacking now compared to the great new casinos and hotels in the Shreveport area. Even stopping by the casino briefly to use some player card money turned into us walking in and walking right back out. It was entirely too smoky. They need to update their ventilation system! Other casinos have smoking, but it is not nearly so heavy and thick. Diamond Jacks Casino is going to really lose out if they don't spend some $$'s trying to compete.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank good2go222
Longview, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My nite on the town turned into the hotel stay from **** . We were awakend at 6;30am by things being thrown against the wall and breaking and a guy yelling obsenities at whoever else in the room next door. Had to call security 3 time and threaten to call 911 to get them to come deal with it. I was literally afraid to open the door and walk out. I then asked for some comp for the ordeal and they would not do anything at all.. Not even breakfast after they woke us up and scared us to death. Very undesirable.. Dont go there. Stay somewhere else and drive to one of the other casinos.

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank biotea
Dear guest,

Idabel, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We ended up there, not because of our wanting to. It is not the Hotel of the past. It needs to have an ugrade done.. yesterday. Not what you would expect from a hotel hoping to get return guests. Even if they were to comp the rooms from the casino, I don't think we would stay. To top off our morning, we checked in at 1 am, the emergency evacuation alarm went off at 4 am. Was not a pleasant night. We checked out after evacuating from the 12th floor because of a false alarm

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Russ74745
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience on your recent visit and I would like to apologize on behalf of the DiamondJacks team.

As unwelcoming as fire alarms are, they are necessary in the event there is a true emergency. Any time an alarm goes off, it is because there has been an issue somewhere in the building. Whether or not it can be addressed quickly will determine how quickly you are allowed to return to your room. Truly there are no "false alarms" as we do take each one seriously to ensure your safety and that of our other guests. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience of being woken up in the middle of the night, it is never our intention to upset or disturb any of our valuable guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
#11 of 35 in Bossier City
4.0 of 5 stars 389 reviews
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!