“dissappointed”

Diamond Jack's - Bossier City
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed April 21, 2008

arrived april 18, at 1:30p.m. the front desk clerk stated the rooms was dirty give them 15 to 20 mins, after 30 mins same thing. didn't get checked in until 3:30 p.m. room smelled of smoke, sheets was badly worn. it looked as if it had been slept in. employees was courteous. buffet was great. Did not meet expectation.

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank teenieweenie58

Reviewed April 13, 2008

This hotel is OK. Its an overstatement to call it a resort. Its like an above average Hampton Inn with a Jacuzzi tub. The place is clean and comfortable. The casino is small, but it has a good mix of table games and slots. We had a good time and we'd probably go back again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We stay at Diamondjacks every time we are in Shreveport. The hotel is very nice, very clean and undergoing remodeling. The staff are always smiling and the buffet is marvelous. The casino could have looser slots, but I guess that's how they stay in business. This is our favorite casino in all Louisana.

Reviewed March 22, 2008

This trip was a quick getaway during Easter weekend. I should have known that there was a reason all of the other casinos had no availability and Diamond Jacks seemed to have an abundance of vacant rooms. I was OK with the reviews reporting that renovations in the hotel were in progress because I thought that the rooms would be updated. Not so. The rooms, aside from being old and outdated, were filthy. Cigarette burns, dirt, dust - you name it. The bathrooms were repulsive and mold covered the shower floor and door. To top it off, at 4:30 in the morning, a few drunken guests proceeded to bang on most of the doors on our floor (including ours) over the course of 15 minutes. The front desk associate had very little interest in this.

1  Thank TexasEK
Reviewed March 9, 2008

My husband just returned from Iraq and his birthday is 3/11/8so we booked a weekend stay.We found the staff to be full of smiles and willing to assist. This is our second trip to this casino but our first stay as hotel guest. We found the the casino to be clean and inviting. We loved the buffet and we were also allowed to recieve 20% military disount.The room was clean the jacuzzi was awesome even bigger than the one we have at home. We actually recorded our room and hope to take the adult kids with us on our next trip in August. 08 for my birthday.I would recommend this hotel/ casino to friends and family.What other hotel provides 3 tv sets. This was great for me and my husband as he was able to check the sports while I was able to watch my movies uninterruptrd.There is some renovation going on but the place was still clean.I look forward to our return trip.

William & Denise Myrick
Harker Heights Tx

3  Thank DEEsMazdaRX8
Reviewed February 25, 2008

The room was clean and okay, but for being in a non smoking room, we could smell cigarette smoke all through the night. I called the front desk to ask about the smell, I was transferred to someone else, her excuse was the people that had the room before us probably smoked. I explained it did not smell like cigarette smoke when we first arrived. She didn't care, she just kept stating someone must of smoked previously. The times it smelt was when the ac came on and it was coming in thru the vents. There was no I am sorry or can I send someone up to spray. I understand the smoke thru the ac vent can not be fixed in a weekend, but the professional response would have been to make the visitor feel like there was some kind of concern.

The place has not been completely remodeled to match the Diamond Jack theme. The rooms are still in Aisle of Capri theme.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We arrived shortly after 8pm to find they did not have a room ready for us. We had traveled to get there and wanted to freshen up. I told the clerk they had our money for more than ten days and she just turned from me and said next to the next person in line. We took turns eating while one watched the luggage and the room became available after 9pm. I was given a key to the twelth floor and grabbed our suitcases mind you I am the woman. We had also brought our own pillows so I was weighed down. the key to the door did not work and after lugging our belongings up and down the forth time I got to the desk to once again let them know the key still wouldnt work I was told to "Hold my horses" They decided the door was broken so gave us a room on the tenth floor. There was no refrigeraor, no microwave and calling this room a suite is a huge overstatement. The room was not "clean" and although we didnt get to check in until after 9pm they were knocking on our door before noon to remind us checkout was noon. DONT STAY HERE IT REALLY IS THAT BAD!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#21 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Diamond Jack's - Bossier City? Share your experiences!