I arrived at around 11:30pm, and check in was fast and efficient. I used a free room night voucher, received as a result of my membership in the casino's players club program, to pay for the stay.
I was given a jacuzzi suite on the 11th floor. The room was quite large, with separate living and sleeping areas separated by a wall-to-ceiling partition of sorts. The jacuzzi tub was in the sleeping area but with ample space between the tub and the bed. The bathroom was large and equipped with fluffy towels and an assortment of basic toiletries. The room and bathroom were both clean.
Generally, I would rate a property like this to be above average, but there were enough quirks to cause me to downgrade it a notch. Specifically:
- My bed, although comfortable, had a strange slope to the right. It can be seen when looking at the bed. It's odd that this has not been caught and repaired by the maintenance staff.
- Internet access is not free. It costs $9.99 per day.
- In-room climate control was very noisy. The unit is behind a grille in the wall, and it was too loud to keep on while I was trying to sleep. The amount of heat it produced seemed to vary, and I found that even with the unit running, the room didn't warm up a whole lot overnight - although the following morning, it seemed to be producing some heat. I don't know if my room happened to have a malfunctioning unit or if they're all like this, but it's appropriate to mention since it's something I experienced.
- Hotel requires a $100 cash deposit on check in, or the deposit can be paid by credit card. I was told when I booked the reservation that it could take 5 days for the amount to be refunded back to the credit card. This is the kind of practice one typically encounters at properties catering to a questionable clientele, and it surprised me that a property of this supposed cailbre would have such a policy.
- There's a small parking area outside the hotel for hotel guests, but not anywhere near the amount of parking required to accommodate those guests. I had to park in the casino parking garage instead.
As far as the casino goes - it's fairly small and compact, but I did find the staff to be pleasant and cordial.
Overall ... since I was using a free night voucher, I can't really complain about the overall stay, and I would definitely stay here again on a free voucher. But if I were paying for the stay, I'm not sure that the value received would have been worth the price paid.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your DiamondJacks Casino and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondjacks Hotel Bossier City
- Isle Capri Hotel Casino Bossier City La
- Diamondjacks Bossier City
- Isle Capri Bossier La