“OK, I suppose ... But Not Exceptional...” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
DiamondJacks Casino and Resort
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Rowlett, Texas
“OK, I suppose ... But Not Exceptional...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I arrived at around 11:30pm, and check in was fast and efficient. I used a free room night voucher, received as a result of my membership in the casino's players club program, to pay for the stay.

I was given a jacuzzi suite on the 11th floor. The room was quite large, with separate living and sleeping areas separated by a wall-to-ceiling partition of sorts. The jacuzzi tub was in the sleeping area but with ample space between the tub and the bed. The bathroom was large and equipped with fluffy towels and an assortment of basic toiletries. The room and bathroom were both clean.

Generally, I would rate a property like this to be above average, but there were enough quirks to cause me to downgrade it a notch. Specifically:

- My bed, although comfortable, had a strange slope to the right. It can be seen when looking at the bed. It's odd that this has not been caught and repaired by the maintenance staff.

- Internet access is not free. It costs $9.99 per day.

- In-room climate control was very noisy. The unit is behind a grille in the wall, and it was too loud to keep on while I was trying to sleep. The amount of heat it produced seemed to vary, and I found that even with the unit running, the room didn't warm up a whole lot overnight - although the following morning, it seemed to be producing some heat. I don't know if my room happened to have a malfunctioning unit or if they're all like this, but it's appropriate to mention since it's something I experienced.

- Hotel requires a $100 cash deposit on check in, or the deposit can be paid by credit card. I was told when I booked the reservation that it could take 5 days for the amount to be refunded back to the credit card. This is the kind of practice one typically encounters at properties catering to a questionable clientele, and it surprised me that a property of this supposed cailbre would have such a policy.

- There's a small parking area outside the hotel for hotel guests, but not anywhere near the amount of parking required to accommodate those guests. I had to park in the casino parking garage instead.

As far as the casino goes - it's fairly small and compact, but I did find the staff to be pleasant and cordial.

Overall ... since I was using a free night voucher, I can't really complain about the overall stay, and I would definitely stay here again on a free voucher. But if I were paying for the stay, I'm not sure that the value received would have been worth the price paid.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank step12dude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Upon first arrival, thought the room was pretty good for the price. The hotel was alot cheaper than other casinos in the area. Even though the decor was old, all was manageable for the low price. Then the boiler blew up at 6:00 am and there was no hot water. We were in a hurry to leave, so we really didn't call to complain, but mentioned it at check out. The response was "Oh yeah, the boiler is out and hot water is out ot the hotel." They did not offer any relief, any other discounted stay or anything to make it up to us. Doesn;t matter how cheap...no hot water is unacceptable. Gotta take care of your customers...Will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fijidaniel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Passing through for a night. The room I got was apparently used and not cleaned. It looked like a swinger party took place. We just left. Keep my money, I'll never come back. Ever!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Cajun16
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Got to hotel two hours after check in and my reserved rooms weren't ready. Waited almost an hour just to get one of the rooms. Had to leave due to plans made with my group, and when we got back, our second room was not what we reserved. They told me I should've gotten to the hotel earlier to make sure I get the room I reserve. What's the point of a reservation if you aren't going to RESERVE my rooms? Staff was rude, and only compensation for my troubles AFTER complaining several times was a $20 discount on the room we didn't want. Will NOT be staying here again. I had to pay for my friend to sleep on a cot because the wrong room only had one bed. Terrible customer service!!! Went for my birthday with friends, and this put a damper on the weekend.

Room Tip: Should you decide to use this hotel, you need to verify EVERY detail of EVERY reservation. Don't...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travis D
Gay, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Considering the price, we had a great time. The jacuzzi tub was huge, the lighting was great, and having 3 tvs was a fun novelty. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Same old Isle of Capri decor. Doesn't look like anyone has cleaned in a long time. Looking for a change from the Horseshoe, which is beginning to look tired too, I can't believe I am paying for this room. Next trip....different casino for sure.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Duncan, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

At one time my husband and I went to Shreveport-Bossier two or three times a year. Things have happened and we just don't get to get-away as much. But, we finally got things arranged to go to Shreveport this past weekend. We usually stay at the El Dorado because my husband plays Texas Hold 'Em but it was completely full on Saturday night and I didn't want to move for just Saturday night before coming home on Sunday. So, instead we stayed at DiamondJacks'. Our room was great, check-in was fine and everything about our stay was perfect. Didn't win much money but shopping was good!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
#10 of 35 in Bossier City
4.0 of 5 stars 396 reviews
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!