“RUN AND RENT AT ANOTHER HOTEL”

Diamond Jack's - Bossier City
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I took my father and daugther on 3 day and 2 night stay to Shrevport for there birthday. I was so mad and disappointed I was boiling mad. The last time I stay in Diamond Jack was 2 years ago.
It was clean and had very helpful staff. This time the desk clerk acted like I was taking up her time. The room was flithy from top to bottom and had just been clean. There was trash and food on floor for starters, bed was so lumpy I had trouble sleeping on it. They took out the safe, microwave and refrigator. And lot of people hads to keep there meds in cool or cold place. They bathroom was another thing. Now this was suppose to be remodel room. It was molded around the chaulking, wallpaper tore and the same as Isle Capri, shower was not clean and ashes on the glass shelves, and the plumbing was leaking in the floor under the sink , brown looking stuff. (nasty) And the a/c didn't work, but fan that blew it out did. You could here water in the walls running all night and toilets flushing. You had sticky floors and the decor was just plain if you ask me. I loved the elevators, they didn't work half the time and squeak and wouldn't shut so the others wouldn't open or shut for some reason. I was scared to death to get on one. I had no choice I have broke foot and couldn't climb the stairs. And we told the desk clerk all this stuff and guess what she said. WERE WORKING ON IT. And that doesn't include the ice machines that were tore apart or broke. People were hunting ice all the time on different floors. I tried to write reveiw on there web site GUESS WHAT IT DIDN'T WORK EITHER , when you got to bottom of page almost it would go up enough to send it off. AND NO COMPENSATION FROM THEM EITHER AT THE HOTEL YOUR TOUGH LUCK AND MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Bonny05

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I must say I was hesitant after reading many of the reviews I saw posted here. Upon arrival, we encountered very pleasant Valet Attendants, Bellmen and Front Desk staff which started our trip off very nice.

Upon entering the room, I looked for any issues and could not find any at all. The room was very neat and clean. Some of the decor was obviously still Isle of Capri but it was all still in very good condition. I did not encounter any of the issues that some of the other reviews had stated. Everyone from the Hotel staff, Housekeeping, Restaurants and Casino were pleasant and made us feel very welcome.

I would definitely return and recommend this Hotel to others.

Thank you for such a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelPro32
Reviewed March 9, 2011

All the employees were great and very helpful. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Casino has great promotions Will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2011

went to stay there for my birthday, let me piont out couple things why i would not go back
1. from front desk service was below expectation when we check in clerk give me a paper to sign and she just walked away.
2. there are nails sticking up on the floor where the carpet connected to ceramic tile every time we get up from the bed we step on it
3. there are mildew verywhere in shower stall
4. you can hear people next room talking all night
5. TV still AS TUBE model
bottom line for casino resort is very below average and dirty

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I usually go to shreveport at least twice a year for a weekend, a little mini -vaca from our lives. We have stayed at boomtown, samstown and diamond jacks (formerly isle of capri)...the last few years we just stayed at Diamond Jacks because my husband likes the jacuzzi in the room...loves to sit in the jacuzzi and watch tv at night...
last year i would have given the hotel a good review despite the fact they had not updated the cheesy isle of capri decor...the rooms were still clean and comfortable..
However, this year it was horrible..
They took 2 of the 3 tvs out, and reduced the size of the main tv in the bedroom.. used to be 1 TV in the bathroom, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the sitting room. This stay, you could see the bathroom and sitting room tvs had been literaly ripped out. No towels, no cleaning service, could not order movies on the TV, no blanket on the bed, only a sheet. The shower hadn't been cleaned in a year, had mold all over it.
The service was horrible as well. The staff at check-in were friendly enough but it took 30 minutes per person to check in...
The grill (called The Creamery) which is the room service and the only place to eat after 10pm is extremly slow! The staff were very polite and friendly but it took 45 minutes for EVERYONE to get their order.
Buffet food quality was improved, but the hours and staff were VERY bad.
The casino was awful, no drink service and bathrooms were in really bad shape.
The best part of my stay was unexpected tickets to the saturday night show given to us at the casino, the show was for Taylor Dayne and although I was a huge fan in the late 80s...wasn't planning to attend her show. I'm glad I did, she was awesome...the venue was bad, and I feel bad for Taylor, I think she just returned from out of the country and had to be exhausted, I didn't realize she was staying at the hotel until the next day when I saw her having to check out with the rest of us... I would think they would let their guest performers check out over the phone or something. She was there in line like the rest of us, no make up but she looked gorgeous. Hope she had a better room than we had.
We have been customers for 5 years, but we will NOT be going back. Next time we will stay at the Horseshoe or the El Dorado, and I'm buying my husband a new jacuzzi to use here at home.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lshear
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I bet the title caught your eye immediately. The whole story goes as follows: We arrive around 5:30-6 pm. Check in is 4ish, and our reserved room wasnt ready, along with MANY other guests around us in the lobby. The front desk people were rude, unable to help, and didnt even bother to take the pizza they ordered into the back to eat it, while other guests were left high and dry in the lobby. While we checked back about every hour or so, patience grew thin. My 7 mo pregnant wife gave her best shot to get things expedited, but no luck. Sooooo, at 11:30, i wasnt leaving the desk until something was done to get our reserved room opened up. We got our key, and went to just rest for a bit to take in the outdated rooms but we didnt have too much to complain about, except we were beside their linen closet and it opened every thirty to forty minutes for someone to get something. I was exhausted and didnt notice it, but my wife is a light sleeer and heard it all. Well, here is the part that everyone who read this far wants to know about...my best friend on the next floor calls me and is histerical at around 10 am...rambling on about poop...so we go up to his room, and he told us he came to his room that he got around midnight at 3 am or so, and felt something but was to far in the tank to really notice much...but when we got there...OH MY GOD! THERE WAS ABOUT A 3 INCH WIDE, BY 6 INCH LONG STRIPE OF HUMAN POOP ON THE SHEETS AT THE BOTTOM...LADIES AND GENTS, I CANNOT MAKE THIS UP AND WOULDNT WANT TO, NOR AM I ONE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT MUCH OF ANYTHING. BUT THIS IS REDICULOUS! PLEASE DONT STAY HERE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TX8405
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The Lobby was beautiful but one you go up one floor you see that Diamond Jacks is too cheap to replace the 15 year old Isle of Capri decor that is very cheesy and dated. The hallways are loud and boistrous you can hear people yelling all through the night. We had a room with a Jacuzzi tub that did work very well and the bed had good linens and was comfortable. There is no wireless internet in the hotel. The fitness center is pretty large. Not a good value for the price.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn
#21 of 35 in Bossier City
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport

Been to Diamond Jack's - Bossier City? Share your experiences!